for some of the old punks still around..

lndianScout

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think perhaps I should get Steve Sander's private information from court documents and make that lulzcow his own ED page.

And "don't deal with him", Large? That failure wouldn't even send me proof of Native American bloodlines so that I could get government grants and go back to college. Lazzzzzzzzzzy old thing, isn't he?

• Members

Wow -- I just caught up on my reading (of the earlier pages of this thread), and can't believe what I'm seeing. Given that I just sent my youngest daughter packing off to college, I've got to say that if this is true, I'm gutted. The thought of just abandoning my kids is impossible to imagine, and I can have no respect for anyone who can do this sort of thing...

• Members
Wow -- I just caught up on my reading (of the earlier pages of this thread), and can't believe what I'm seeing. Given that I just sent my youngest daughter packing off to college, I've got to say that if this is true, I'm gutted. The thought of just abandoning my kids is impossible to imagine, and I can have no respect for anyone who can do this sort of thing...

That I'M aware of, he has 6 children that he's never paid child support on, supported and abandoned. I think 8 ex-wives... I'm the oldest of the unfortunate lot. But yeah.... I'm going to go slander his name (even more than it already is) on other forums. Farewell~

And this is me, btw. Not the best picture.
l_f185079fa2afdbd395513084efffa1e5.jpg

• Members
That I'M aware of, he has 6 children that he's never paid child support on, supported and abandoned. I think 8 ex-wives... I'm the oldest of the unfortunate lot. But yeah.... I'm going to go slander his name (even more than it already is) on other forums. Farewell~

And this is me, btw. Not the best picture.

l_f185079fa2afdbd395513084efffa1e5.jpg

Godspeed! I hope you'll find your path in life and succeed in spite of the challenges you've had so far.

• Members

Damn.

I just can't imagine that. I have two daughters and my biggest fear in life is not getting to see them every day. Or not being in close contact with them after they leave the nest. :cry:

• Members
Steve (unfortunately) is my biological father. My mother, Gayle Morency-Twigg, was Mox*Nix and Idiot Pills. That man ran off in 1990, has hid for all of these years, refuses to pay child support or help me IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE and now I find out that he's trying to win over people by means of my mother's music; didn't think he was THAT pathetic.

Wow. Another whole new level. Not suprised

You mention your mother's music. Tell us about that if you want:)

:wave:

• Members

There were bands called "punk" that brought all kinds of influences into the mix. Saccharine Trust were very jazzy. Minutemen and Beefeater were very funky. Early D.R.I. and Die Kreuzen were blisteringly tight and fast. Flipper and No Trend and Fang were slower and sloppier. Husker Du were influenced by 60s psychedelia and bubblegum. Butthole Surfers were influenced by dirty bathtub acid. Mission of Burma were very literate and groovy. Bad Brains investigated dub and reggae to great effect. The Dils and Meat Puppets had a lot of country/western influence. Black Flag morphed into a weird mix of free jazz and classic metal in some ways.

Though a loose "afiliation" of bands and scenes, there was a hell of a lot more to "punk rock" than most people realize, and a hell of a lot more talent was involved in a lot of those bands.

I saw Die Kreutzen back in 1985 or 1986 at a small bar in Madison, WI (I was going to school at the University of Wisconsin at the time). Yeah, they were definitely fast, and with lots-o-buzzsaw guitar. IIRC, the guitar player, was playing an aluminum necked Kramer, and a Peavey Pacer amp! They were no longer in their skinhead stage. The guitar player didn't dress like a hair metal guy, but he sure had hair band hair! I got the biggest kick out of the singer! He looked like some good 'ol boy redneck, with long hair, and his truck drivin' hat on.

The opening band was some punk metal group called The Snot Rockets.

Die Kreutzen is from Milwaukee. I had a Die Kreutzen album back in the 90s - Cement

• Members

BTW hot topic was just as pathetic 15 years ago as it was today. Sorry, but it's true.

The Metalshop in Milwaukee, now that was bitchin'

SB

I can't even remember where that place was! (I only went to it a couple of times, since I wasn't living in the Milwaukee area at the time). Wasn't it on 76th Street off of '894, where Starship is now? If you remember The Metalshop, then here's one you might remember: Lazer AM - The Crusher! All metal all the time!

• Members

I saw Die Kreutzen back in 1985 or 1986 at a small bar in Madison, WI (I was going to school at the University of Wisconsin at the time). Yeah, they were definitely fast, and with lots-o-buzzsaw guitar. IIRC, the guitar player, was playing an aluminum necked Kramer, and a Peavey Pacer amp! They were no longer in their skinhead stage. The guitar player didn't dress like a hair metal guy, but he sure had hair band hair! I got the biggest kick out of the singer! He looked like some good 'ol boy redneck, with long hair, and his truck drivin' hat on.

The opening band was some punk metal group called The Snot Rockets.

Die Kreutzen is from Milwaukee. I had a Die Kreutzen album back in the 90s -
Cement

That's cool. I never heard Cement though I had most of their earlier stuff...the "Cows and Beer" ep, their first album, October File and Century Days. Though I really only listened to Cows&Beer and their first LP.

Of course, to my mind the greatest Wisconsin band ever was Killdozer.

• Members
That's cool. I never heard
Cement
though I had most of their earlier stuff...the "Cows and Beer" ep, their first album,
October File
and
Century Days
. Though I really only listened to Cows&Beer and their first LP.

Of course, to my mind the greatest Wisconsin band ever was
Killdozer

Killdozer is badass! :cool:

• Members

I want you to know that, though the saying seems trite and run-of-the-mill nowadays, I have never, EVER, actually spit on a keyboard... until that post. Literally. I don't know why, but you just popped my internet cherry. Thanks for that.

I feel very honored. Now, go, young slut, into the land of lulz.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived