for some of the old punks still around..

lndianScout

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll have to go through my mom's old albums and make a list for you all. I know that she still has an old Offspring tape that was never released and she owns the rights to it.

She's one hell of a woman, raised me and my sisters on her own, never gave up and ALWAYS put us above herself; she's a hell of a woman

• Members

I was actually looking up my mom's band names in pursuit of ripped records. Little surprises like that make her happy.

I've definitely been there. My dad put out a single in the 80's that's proven pretty tiresome and futile to look for. Luckily for me, one individual has posted them to a website. So while I don't have a 7", I can atleast listen to the songs from time to time.

• Members

I've definitely been there. My dad put out a single in the 80's that's proven pretty tiresome and futile to find. Luckily for me, one individual has posted them to a website. So while I don't have a 7", I can atleast listen to the songs from time to time.

In all honesty, I've never even picked up an instrument... I've always been a nerd. I'd love to pick up a guitar but just can't afford one or the time to learn with how crazy the economy has made life :/

• Members

Steve (unfortunately) is my biological father. My mother, Gayle Morency-Twigg, was Mox*Nix and Idiot Pills. That man ran off in 1990, has hid for all of these years, refuses to pay child support or help me IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE and now I find out that he's trying to win over people by means of my mother's music; didn't think he was THAT pathetic.

In.

:snax:

• Members

hai gaiz wat about those punk-o-rama cds lol

God. When I was in high school I worked in a Hot Topic in LA and we peddled those things to the kids so hard. A coworker and I had a $50 bet as to who could sell the most to tweener girls in one day and I won with 14. Those were some {censored} CD's.

• Members

God. When I was in high school I worked in a Hot Topic in LA and we peddled those things to the kids so hard. A coworker and I had a $50 bet as to who could sell the most to tweener girls in one day and I won with 14. Those were some {censored} CD's.

I'm not surprised, Hot Topic really only suits the scene, emo and nerds; there are a few punk things in music and shirts but most else is for the Nintendo fanboys and Twitards.

• Members

Haha {censored}, I'm so glad someone knew what I was getting at with that joke. Ironically, I heard some of my first real punk music from the first two Punk-O-Rama comps. After that though, Epitaph started sucking some hard corporate dick.

Don't worry-- I'm pretty sure that now when a post starts with "hai gaiz" it's universally recognized as comedy.

The first one was aight, from there on in I think they were big fialboats.

• Members

I'm not surprised, Hot Topic really only suits the scene, emo and nerds; there are a few punk things in music and shirts but most else is for the Nintendo fanboys and Twitards.

I don't know how old you are, but it was kind of different 15 or so years ago. It wasn't the entirely horrible experience that it is now, and they catered a TON to party kids (at least they did in the LA stores). Now it's just... well, I think we all know what it's like. Hopefully some of you here don't.

• Members

I don't know how old you are, but it was kind of different 15 or so years ago. It wasn't the entirely horrible experience that it is now, and they catered a TON to party kids (at least they did in the LA stores). Now it's just... well, I think we all know what it's like. Hopefully some of you here don't.

I'm 23, so yeah... I didn't think about how old that store really is.

• Members

Don't worry-- I'm pretty sure that now when a post starts with "hai gaiz" it's universally recognized as comedy.

The first one was
aight
, from there on in I think they were big fialboats.

I don't honestly remember what was even on the first one, I just remember liking what I heard. I quickly moved on to better thing, and I'm almost sure that I don't listen to any of the bands on that comp anymore.

Most of what came after, and even some on there, was a gross distortion of the word "punk."

Archived