If jay from guitar fetish sold a flying v would you buy it.

Edge11

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been asking for an X-V for quite some time. Would definitely buy one as long as it was a traditional V... and DID NOT have that Xaviere Paddle Headstock - that would ruin it.

Same man!

Btw Do you still have/ play your modded v33?

• Members

This.

I would looooove to see a $1,000 (or less) US made '58' style Korina though.

Wont happen . Theres a reason that Gibson only makes them at the custom shop. Korina is an endangered wood and the USA has laws limiting its use for manufacturing here. IMHO, I think its a crime to make cheapass guitars out of rare woods. I think that if GFS is going to make a V they should make something of their own design that still retains the "feel" of Gibsons. Not like a Turser warlord (what an ugly POS )or a Jackson rippoff. Also they should offer colors that traditional Vs dont come in. Im sure theres Folks out there who salivate for a Lime-green or turquoise V!

• Members

Wont happen . Theres a reason that Gibson only makes them at the custom shop. Korina is an endangered wood and the USA has laws limiting its use for manufacturing here. IMHO, I think its a crime to make cheapass guitars out of rare woods. I think that if GFS is going to make a V they should make something of their own design that still retains the "feel" of Gibsons. Not like a Turser warlord (what an ugly POS )or a Jackson rippoff. Also they should offer colors that traditional Vs dont come in. Im sure theres Folks out there who salivate for a Lime-green or turquoise V!

Care to site a source on the scarcity of 'Korina'? Korina is actually

African Black Limba which seems in plentiful supply.

• Members

They would have to stick with a fairly traditional or at least well known variant of the V in order to make sales, at least for the first V guitar they make. That will be the traditional Flying V. Later on, it might be feasible to have a King V or RR style, but I think by and large, the traditional will be the sure fire viable V model in the long run. While I like the Jackson style Vs, they do fill that niche already (no to mention all the other metal style Vs made by other companies). I voted for a traditional V (with trans-orange as one available color would be nice, also natural, black, white and maybe red as other options.) It hits the broadest range of genres and buyers.

Archived