If jay from guitar fetish sold a flying v would you buy it.

Edge11

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would not buy. I have 1 flying v type guitar... but there are SO many cheapos out there in this category... Don't know if its a smart move or not. Jay knows.

Then again... Jay has a way of bringing new finishes and features in that make you want to buy a new guitar from him... so perhaps he could pull it off.

• Members

I'm not much of a v guy, but I'd be really interested in a v at a gfs pricepoint. Vs were always priced too high for me to justify buying and the cheapies were just sucky guitars. One thing I can say about xavieres is that they make a solid guitar.

Oh, and a gfs firebird would kick ass. Especially if they had trems.

• Members
I'm not much of a v guy, but I'd be really interested in a v at a gfs pricepoint. Vs were always priced too high for me to justify buying and the cheapies were just sucky guitars. One thing I can say about xavieres is that they make a solid guitar.

Oh, and a gfs firebird would kick ass. Especially if they had trems.

I'm not interested in a V, but yeah, a firebird would certainly kick ass.

• Members

If it was the same quality as the originals, I'd buy one in a minute.

Unfortunately, Jays products aren't that good.

This.

I am not criticizing Jay's stuff (I'll take your word for it), but it seems there are 2 kinds of Vs in this world, Cheap and made cheaply, and Awesome but DAMNED expensive. This is one place where Gibson really does shine. The Faded/worn and the used market especially.

The Epiphone Korina is the first damned-sensible creation and probably would be the axe that trounces Jay's work. I would looooove to see a $1,000 (or less) US made '58' style Korina though.

Archived