Just got the new Guitar World. It should be called "Slash World"

adlo76

• Members

Not only is he on the cover (with what looks to be Eminem) and the cover story, but he's in every other ad.

I actually dig Slash and his playing but what's with the over exposure?

He's becoming the Ryan Seacrest of guitar. Or maybe the Seth Rogan :confused:

Paris Hilton is to TMZ as Slash is to Guitar World.

At least there's an interview with Jeff Beck in there to salvage the thing :)

• Members

The funny thing is, what has he done since GnR died 15 years ago? I can't think of any solo work that's stuck in my mind at all. And, yeah, I agree, the exposure is too much. WTF? Next thing you know, he'll open up his own web store with Slash-branded sneakers....

• Members
The funny thing is, what has he done since GnR died 15 years ago? I can't think of any solo work that's stuck in my mind at all. And, yeah, I agree, the exposure is too much. WTF? Next thing you know, he'll open up his own web store with Slash-branded sneakers....

too late

yhst-74837281078171_2093_22753765

• Members

Guitar World is a terrible magazine. Aside from a few semi-interesting rig-articles I've never seen a magazine with so many pages and so little content.

Agree'd. I wouldn't have subscribed had it not been for my students and the tabs.

• Members

I let my subscription stop a few years ago because I was sick of reading about Dimebag Darrell and Zakk Wylde. They crossed the line when they had Dimebag's brother (a drummer) for the "Ask your guitar hero" section or whatever it's called. At that moment I decided I'd stick with Guitar Player and Premier Guitar from there out.

• Members

I hear ya. I have no problem with Slash and his playing. I actually like a lot of it, but it's just silly how much space is given to him.

In the big picture of it all, he's not THAT good. Think of all the talent that doesn't get coverage because guys like him and Zakk.

$$ talks louder than chops

• Members

Guitar World blows.

Normally, I'd recomend GP. But I find it's recent "new and improved" makeover to be cluttered and annoying. They felt they had to respond to the internet's impact on their sales by "including more input from you, the readers!" :rolleyes: If I want the input from a bunch of {censored}in' knuckleheads on the internet I'll come here.:lol: Christ, the letters section in GP was bad enough as it was when it came to "reader input".

And they've also tried to spice it up by infusing every article with a lot of "gee-whiz-bang!" kind of verbiage that they think is real "internetty". I hope they tone it down a little in coming issues.

• Members

Guitar World just focuses on 2 or 3 artists all the time, none of whom are interesting to me. Guitar Player is my least favourite magazine, the often-condescending tone of people like Michael Molenda is a major turn-off, also it doesn't know seem to know any music that exists outside America (except things like Children of Bodom sometimes).

Guitar Techniques used to be very good, but they started getting more and more blues-centric, so I haven't been buying it now for a few months. I mean, how hard is it for a magazine to have articles on varied styles and aspects?? Total Guitar is good in the sense that it has some very useful stuff and some crap, you can filter out the crap and concentrate on the former.

Archived