So I'm giving Carvin another chance

GCDEF

• Members

I know some people on here consider you a hater, but sometimes the truth hurts I guess.

No one can satisfy everyone all the time, so hearing a complaint is just plain human, even though I considered your problems in the minority, I've given them the weight they deserve.

The six I own all came to me used, so I missed out on dealing with them personally, but that'll change eventually when I do break down and order a custom.

I look forward to your honest review of that beautiful guitar.

• Members

I'm waiting for RavenCAD to come onto this thread and rip into Carvin's build quality, tone, and looks...

I didn't know there was anything to bitch about when it comes to build quality.

Looks I can see, but I think if you go subtle with the optioning those guitars can look fine. That particular guitar is gutwrenchingly gaudy.

And Carvin humbuckers are terrible. No personality. I do like the AP-11s though.

• Members

I actually sold my CT a couple weeks ago. Just couldn't bond with that neck profile, and those bland ass pickups. I figure I can buy an Agile if I put a couple hundred with what I got out of the CT.. Friggin resale on those Carvins, man...

GC, I wish you had.. Man, that could have been epic =)

• Members

:rawk:

Ordered this from their in stock so I don't have to wait eternally to see if I like it. I'll give a report when it gets here.

Edit: Can't get the picture to embed, but this one.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/single.php?Serial=109038

Awesome, GCDEF!! :thu:

I really hope this one works out for you. :rawk:

And I think the CTs and CSs are a better choice for you as you

seem to pefer a Gibson or PRS style anyways.

I just don't think the DCs and actives were your cup of tea. ;)

• Members

GCDEF,

Good news my friend...

I am the one that bought RaVenCAD's CT a couple of weeks ago.

I got such a good deal on it... that I've decided to make a serious point...

I'm going to send it to you to keep for a year... I have a feeling it will change your perspective on Carvin... FOREVER.

If at the end of the year, you don't like it... I'll take it back and send to another "Carvin nay-sayer" and see if I can convince them.

Send me an e-mail with your contact info... and it'll be on its way shortly!

:wave:

M

• Members

Oh, well.

Someday the itch will come to try a Carvin again, for real.

I'll just wait patiently.
:)

Not likely. I'm sure third time would be a charm but I have all the guitars I will ever want/need already. ;)

• Members

That is sweet looking. I hope things go well so you can join the dark side of Carvin haha.

EDIT: man I fell for it. I so wanted you to give Carvin another shot and really fall in love with Carvin for the first time.

Archived