John Mayer concert equals Breastfest

Superrust

• Members

Saw Mayer Weds 3/31 in Seattle at the Key Arena which was a great show. The band played great, the sound was really good. The 3 guitars has nice seperation and the drums had a great tone. Mayer did put on a small display of his guitar collection by only using 2 guitars twice, 1 of the 2 Martin acoustics and his black heavy relic strat (which sounded great). He did chat with the audience a lot but he kept the concert moving at a nice pace. All around great performances.

Now onto the Breastfest portion. WOW!! I knew there were going to be woman at the show. Just look at his concert videos. The woman that were there were all dressed up. They seemed to all be in compitition with each other for who would look the best. Though my girlfriend was one of these gals my eyes couldn't take in all the candy. There was more cleavage then a victorias secret fashion show.

If I was going to be a famous guitar player this is the crowd I would hope for. Here is one of may vids that I took that night. It is the opening song. It was taken on my handheld Zi8 Kodak (if you care)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIeZPBUtCxk

• Members

I've never seen John, but when I was married, the wife and I saw Russell Crowe's band in Austin Texas at Stubbs BBQ. 2,200 people and I literally think I was one of about 8 guys in the entire place. Granted, it was a slightly older crowd than is probably at the average Mayer concert, but if you're a single guy, you've gotta like those odds.

:lol:

• Members

JM = One of the last musicians of this generation that still likes girls...it's not that he's that great...he's what's left over....

Honestly, if you were a chick and wanted to get banged by a rock star...where would you go? Death metal, indie, Christian..??

Seriously, I feel sorry for the chicks these days...if the guy isn't gay, he's a {censored}, or just likes his Iphone more then girls...

I should just divorce my wife, get my shlong out there, before the girls start giving up on guys....

• Members

I've seen him live (for free) quite a few times. He's always playing in NYC somewhere. And I'm not gonna lie, I've definitely emulated the guy quite a few times (or used it as an excuse to get a girl back to my house). :thu: But I second the breastfest. I saw him live up in Canada once (Montreal) and sadly ...most those women were 40 and saggy or 14... minus the odd (cute) university student.

The guy has skills and boy, can his solos sing.

Btw the song is "Heartbreak Warfare" not "Heartbreak Hotel". But yeah, I was expecting some boobs as well. :(

I don't understand the hate for this guy...

Superb guitarist.

Exquisite taste in gear.

Allows taping at shows.

SRV, Clapton, Hendrix as influences.

:confused:

His whole goal of being a musician is to write pop and frankly that just isn't my cup of tea. But he's not the same as Lennon or McCartney's solo career; or even close the the Beatles. I think over time he'll become an even better singer/songwriter but his last album was kind of disappointing. And I do like his rendition of "Bold as Love" and "Crossroads" and "Free Fallin'" however I have to be in a particular mood to listen to his original pieces. Although his trio is pretty sweet.

• Members

I'm going in a different direction on this one:

Superrust, you said that was a Kodak Zi8 ??? :eek:

Any editing before posting? If not, that video looks and sounds REALLY good for one of them-there newfangled pocket flash camcorders :thu:

And yeah, Mayer's good...

• Members
JM = One of the last musicians of this generation that still likes girls...it's not that he's that great...he's what's left over....

Honestly, if you were a chick and wanted to get banged by a rock star...where would you go? Death metal, indie, Christian..??

Seriously, I feel sorry for the chicks these days...if the guy isn't gay, he's a {censored}, or just likes his Iphone more then girls...

I should just divorce my wife, get my shlong out there, before the girls start giving up on guys....

1871lol_wut.jpg

Archived