NGD for me!!!!!!!!!! Clip inside, a first for me!

riffy

• Members

Today, my lovely wifey went and picked up the Squier 60s Classic Vibe Strat.

First Strat for me... Lovin' the thing although it will take a bit of getting used to as the action is set a bit higher than usual for me, but it sounds great this

way so I am going to leave it and get used to it.

Camera died after taking a few pictures so I will have to post those tomorrow.

Here is a short clip of it. Yes, it has a lot of delay, I didn't mean to add that

much at mixdown but it is too late now...lol

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=27513

Love to know what you all think of the clean Strat sound.

Gary

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

• Members

HNGD! Those CV Squiers are very nice guitars
:thu:

Not to insult your intelligence, but can't you just adjust the action to meet your preference?

Sure could, but it sounds so good to me the way it is, I hate to mess with it.

I am well versed in setups. I am simply not used to single coils of the strat

type and I don't know that proper distance from the strings they need to be.

I may end up doing it after a few days, but not just yet.

• Members

Ah gotcha! Well enjoy it.

FWIW I usually set my single coils at 5/64ths on the bass side and 4/64s on the treble (while depressing the last fret). That's the Fender recommended height (just as a point of reference).

• Members

Ah gotcha! Well enjoy it.

FWIW I usually set my single coils at 5/64ths on the bass side and 4/64s on the treble (while depressing the last fret). That's the Fender recommended height (just as a point of reference).

AH! Thank you man! I appreciate that tip and will go by it.

• Members

I wouldn't be caught dead playing one of those blasphemous sweatshop rip-offs:

RTSpuck.jpg

Oh wait. I have three. CONGRATS on IMO the best buy in Fender-style axes around. Get 'er set up like you like and you will be a very happy camper. I am.

BK3.jpg

• Members

I wouldn't be caught dead playing one of those blasphemous sweatshop rip-offs:

RTSpuck.jpg

Oh wait. I have three. CONGRATS on IMO the best buy in Fender-style axes around. Get 'er set up like you like and you will be a very happy camper. I am.

BK3.jpg

Sweet! I believe you were one of the ones that told me to go for the 60s instead of the 50s Strat! I am in love with this guitar. I can't believe the fit and finish. The pickups sparkle(at least to my ears),and I dig 'em.

I haven't tried it at all under any type of gain yet...lol. That is usually where I live too! I am just diggin' the clean sounds so much it isn't funny!

• Members

Congrats Gary!! Can't wait for the pics.

Tone sounds excellent but the delay kinda made me dizzy. ;)

Hard to beat a Strat for clean stuff.

I'm building one now to use for recordings clean parts. I'll finish it if I ever decide on a bridge for the thing.

• Members

Congrats Gary!! Can't wait for the pics.

Tone sounds excellent but the delay kinda made me dizzy.
;)

Hard to beat a Strat for clean stuff.

I'm building one now to use for recordings clean parts. I'll finish it if I ever decide on a bridge for the thing.

Hey Pete!

Thanks man. That delay is kinda swirly and all over ain't it? I added way too much at mixdown then deleted the project... So it was all over then...lol

This is my first Strat EVER! I love them for clean stuff, I just never really connected with one before. This one though, I am diggin'. Late last night,

I started setup work on it...lol. I couldn't wait. We will see how she plays

when I am done tonight!

Gary

• Members

Cool guitars! I was blown away when I played my buddies.

I am completely blown away as well bro! These things are way too good for what they are charging for them. I didn't get a great deal or anything, $349.

No gig bag, not even a free set of strings, but I wanted to support my local

guitar store. They had a bunch of these and I played them all and fell in love

with this particular 60s CV. Wifey was with me, called them when we got home without my knowing it and had them hold it for her to come get and hide from me...

Super wifey and guitar! Anyone that says you can't get real players and great sounding guitars on the cheap is either stupid or simply does not know guitars. BTW, I worked this one over last night and just now, the action is

blow on it and fret low, lowered the pickups to match and she absolutely screams! I have been playing Mark Knopfler songs for the past 2 hours and I have his tone cloned! Too bad I don't have his sensibilities as a guitarist!

Gary

• Members

Sweet! Which postion was it? ( 2 or 4, methink). When you mentionned that this is your first strat, it made me want to ask you a bunch of questions because I got my first strat a year and a half ago at the ripe old age of... 50 (that was my BD present). Since playing electric, I had always had humbucker guitars and became used to the bigger fat sound. I probably subconsciously developed the idea that it's supposed to sound like that when I play. When I got my s/c pacifica, I took me a while to get used to the sounds that was coming out of my speakers. Something like loving that "voice" when others sing it but not used to it coming from me. Even asked myself if this particular "strat" had the right sound... (it does). It took me a while to shake that feeling but today I am reconciled with the chimey sound and very happy with that guitar. Do you experience something a bit similar with this (different than usual for you) sound?

• Members

Why would you not adjust the action to suit your preferances? Ive never gotten a guitar that didnt need some minor action adjustments for lower action, & pup adjustments. Then once I'm satisfied with the instrument for a few days. I change the strings to my faves and retweak the setup and pups if needed for just right. Adjusting action and pups, along with checking to be sure all the screws & nuts are down snugly. As just part of welcoming new guitar or bass into my home and life. Lol.

But anyway, congrats on new guitar. The classic vibe series seem to be getting better reviews then most of the squires. The latter norm being pretty good, but the vibes getting really good receptions.

• Members

Congrats Gary on the cool new strat.

I got one of the sunburst 60's classic vibe's about 3 months ago, and I've been digging it ever since.

The neck is slightly narrower than my other strats and guitars, but I've grown to enjoy that feature! The tone is excellent, particularly the "in-between" tones.

Have fun playing yours! Cool clip!

M

Archived