NGD Gibson Goth Explorer with unusual paint job

chimi

• Members

Ok guys,

I've talked about this thing earlier in the week. Finally got it in. The paint job looks really killer actually. As much as i don't like skulls (and the cross is apparently part of the paint job, unfortunately.)

It's got a few nicks here and there but it looks pretty sweet.

Nice case too.

What do you think it could fetch on ebay?

For those who didn't read my other post i basically bought this guitar to flip it because i am a dead broke college student with tons of bills. I'd love to keep it but i just can't afford to.

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

• Members

I would take a hair dryer to that cross, it looks like a sticker if so it might come up and then again :facepalm:

Seriously dont think you should have bought it, if you make you money back your lucky, dont think its going to happen.

good luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-GIbson-Explorer-w-Mirrored-Pickguard-and-OHSC_W0QQitemZ270554979463QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3efe555c87

I had this same model in cherry red sold it for 650.00 shipped, paid 750.00 at M.F. so I lost alittle on it. should have kept it. also it was not a Goth model......

• Members

I would take a hair dryer to that cross, it looks like a sticker if so it might come up and then again
:facepalm:

Seriously dont think you should have bought it, if you make you money back your lucky, dont think its going to happen.

good luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-GIbson-Explorer-w-Mirrored-Pickguard-and-OHSC_W0QQitemZ270554979463QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3efe555c87

I had this same model in cherry red sold it for 650.00 shipped, paid 750.00 at M.F. so I lost alittle on it. should have kept it. also it was not a Goth model......

By the way i really dig that explorer. Super hot

• Members

if you flip it, you'll probably get around $750-800 for it with that paint.

the original Goth look was work-withable, you could change the cosmetics and have a pretty cool guitar. this one...will sell to a niche market, surely. still nice paint though. good job overall.

• Members

if you flip it, you'll probably get around $750-800 for it with that paint.

the original Goth look was work-withable, you could change the cosmetics and have a pretty cool guitar. this one...will sell to a niche market, surely. still nice paint though. good job overall.

Cool, i was thinking that there's bound to be some metal heads out there that would like this. Like i said i'm not a fan of these types of things but if i can make some cash off it to pay some bills off i'm all for it.

• Members

That's the thing i really don't have any money to put into it. It's a cool little guitar but i have no cash to actually sink into it.

Repainting it would be more of a time thing than a money thing. But I understand not wanting to, it is a pain in the ass. I just can't help but imagine seeing that guitar painted white with a black pick guard

• Members

Repainting it would be more of a time thing than a money thing. But I understand not wanting to, it is a pain in the ass. I just can't help but imagine seeing that guitar painted white with a black pick guard

Yeah as cool as it would be unfortunately i'm coming down to the final few weeks of my first year in grad school and i am all kinds of busy right now.

Archived