Let's see some Jaguars!

EllenGtrGrl

• Members

Oftentimes they are viewed as being one of Fender's underdog guitars. But, Jaguars really can give some amazing tones, be it surf, or even the heavier stuff. I just finished playing mine through a Tech 21 Trademark 30, set up for Mesa modeling high gain, slamming the whole thing with an Electro-Harmonix Nano Muff, all coming out of a 2x12 cab loaded with Celestion V30s. Pure tone heaven!! It just about took my head off! Sooooo Heavy!! Lets show some Fender Jaguar pride (copies are OK too)!! Here's me playing my '66 Reissue:

YoursTrulyWiththeJaguar.jpg

• Members

:lol:

Seriously Ellen, i always liked both Jaguar & Jazzmaster.

Untill i got to A/B the then new Custom Classics from Fender.

Think it was early '07.

At 24inches, i am deff more of a Jaguar guy, but the J Mascis sig Jazzmaster was very nice, with a better overall feel than the CC Jazzy, but that colour :cry: - so not me !

So, with "proper" Duncan vintage voiced pu's i would take a CC Jaguar any day.

Current stock CC Jag pu's is a wee bit too hot for my liking.

In fact, i WILL have a Jag one day.

• Members
My first "real" guitar early 80's MIJ bought it in about 1990. I would really love to get a mustang bridge for it tho as Im a bit heavy handed at times.

jaguarg.jpg

VERY nice! :thu: The very first Jaguar I had (back in 1990 - I sadly sold it due to microphonics problem, that I wasn't able to solve at the time [i found out last year, that more than likely, the claw shields were the problem]), was an '89 or '90 MIJ, olympic white reissue, that looked just like yours. Yeah, a Mustang bridge, or a Mastery bridge will stop string jumping. Heavier gauge strings (I use 12s on mine), will also go a long way towards fixing that issue.

Trent, your picture doesn't show.

Archived