Somebody Stop Me From Ordering This Behringer Product

Elias Graves

• Members

Behringer is the epitome of all that is evil in this world. They make decent products and sell them at affordable prices. THIS CANNOT STAND!!!!!!

Not to mention, behringer kicked my dog and peed on my cat.

Seriously though, most behringer haters are simply either uninformed and just parroting what they heard some other uninformed behringer hater say or they like to paint an entire company's product line based on a couple of items that may not be that great.

Personally, I have a behringer reverb pedal and my opinion is that although the reverbs do sound great, it tends to suck tone when I put it in an fx loop. The one I have is the verbzilla clone. When I run it in front of the amp though, it sounds ok.

I also have a bugera amp, a behringer EP 2500 power amp, and a behringer xenyx mixer. I love supporting evil companies and pissing off the behringer haters around here. My next amp will be a bugera V5.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Behringer is the epitome of all that is evil in this world. They make decent products and sell them at affordable prices. THIS CANNOT STAND!!!!!!

Not to mention, behringer kicked my dog and peed on my cat.

Seriously though, most behringer haters are simply either uninformed and just parroting what they heard some other uninformed behringer hater say or they like to paint an entire company's product line based on a couple of items that may not be that great.

Personally, I have a behringer reverb pedal and my opinion is that although the reverbs do sound great, it tends to suck tone when I put it in an fx loop. The one I have is the verbzilla clone. When I run it in front of the amp though, it sounds ok.

I also have a bugera amp, a behringer EP 2500 power amp, and a behringer xenyx mixer. I love supporting evil companies and pissing off the behringer haters around here. My next amp will be a bugera V5.

I think most behringer haters are people that have tried thier products and have realized that money can be better spent elsewhere :idea:
A few products are hit here and there, but overall the company produces "meh".

• Members

Had their compressor/sustainer and sold it because it turned out that I'm not a compressor kind of guy. I have their wah and don't use it much because for some reason it won't turn off when using AC power and I don't use wah enough anyway to mind the battery. I have their digital delay and the original V-Amp and think they're both lots of fun.

I think most behringer haters are people that have tried thier products and have realized that money can be better spent elsewhere
:idea:
A few products are hit here and there, but overall the company produces "meh".

Interestingly, I feel that way about 90% of the gear at any guitar store regardless of where it's from.

• Members

It's not about bashing products built in China, MANY companies do that. Some may object to sending money to China, but that's a different issue.

Behringer was convicted in European courts of copying other products. Mackie and others - not reverse engineering the products themselves, but industrial espionage. Under US law, their products would have been pulled from the market, but European law merely requires the offending company to pay a royalty.

No that's NOT the way all companies operate, and if you think you're getting a bargain, consider that Behringer is very inexpensive despite having to pay these royalties. Any guesses as to where they are cutting corners?

• Members

It's not about bashing products built in China, MANY companies do that. Some may object to sending money to China, but that's a different issue.

Behringer was convicted in European courts of copying other products. Mackie and others - not reverse engineering the products themselves, but industrial espionage. Under US law, their products would have been pulled from the market, but European law merely requires the offending company to pay a royalty.

No that's NOT the way all companies operate, and if you think you're getting a bargain, consider that Behringer is very inexpensive despite having to pay these royalties. Any guesses as to where they are cutting corners?

A summary:

The charges brought forth against Behringer were all but completely dismissed by the Judge. There was a settlement made between Mackie and Behringer, but the details have been kept secret.

The reasoning for the dismissal of the charges had to do with copyright/design-right language in the laws between the USA and the UK, and what essentially amounted to a loophole provided therein. It seems, though it is never explicitly said, that the Behringer design was a copy of the Mackie board. Regardless, the language within the governing laws did not allow Mackie any leverage against Behringer.

The fact is, that Mackie didn't have any beef on Behringer. This is because two things are protected from copying: Designs and inventions. To protect your invention, you need a Patent. Mackie didn't have it. And since a circuit layout is not a "design", copyright does not apply.

http://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=74439

• Members

:facepalm:

Archived