Hwy 1 Tele vs Nashville Deluxe tele

Hotrod Lincoln

• Members

which woudl you choose and why?

I really like the versatility of a nashville tele, but i've never actually played one so don't know how it feels.

played a highway one tele today and it felt great. but wondering how they compare sonically, etc..

they are both close in price on the used market

• Members

Are you talking about an MIM Nashville Tele? You can get that used for ~$400 (price I got and sold mine for). Can you get a HWY1 for this price?

Haven't played the HWY. The Nash was fine and I liked it a lot. There was no particular reason I sold it other than I felt I had too many guitars. I did find the p/ups to be a bit low output for me though (I don't play with distortion/effects/etc.) In between sounds on a Tele are kind of cool, IMO.

• Members

I just got a Highway One and love it. Kind of hot pickups but can still twang. I played a Nashville for a while during my search and really bonded with the H1. For me it was between the American Standard and the H1. I took the H1.

• Members

H1s are beast. my curiosity level about em raised recently so I demoed one at the store. LOVED it. I'm a skeptic about whether the thin nitro finish has any functional effect whatsoever, but I think it did have a psychological effect, because it SEEMED like it was helping, and I guess that counts too.

• Members

I adore the Highway One Tele's to pieces. Every time I play one, I just can't believe how great the thin finish/jumbo fret combo is. I've played a Nashville before and it just didn't compare. The one I've spent time with was also way too heavy. Maybe it was bad one.

Archived