Randy Rhoads Movie Trailer

Jeffmo

• Members

I'll watch it for the music and the footage. Some of the comments made by some of these brain dead rock stars is hard to take however.

"Studying with Randy was like studying with one of the apostles":rolleyes:

"When Randy died I quit playing guitar for 20 years":rolleyes:

"When Randy died a little piece of each of us died too":rolleyes:

Not sure if I can take two hours of that! Pass the Pepto-Bismal please.

• Members

Welcome to the world of rock documentaries... Happily some are better than others (thinking about A Headbanger's Journey, End Of The Century, The Decline [...] and Flight 666... etc).

Your comment calls for a Frank Zappa quote :

"Rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, in order to provide articles for people who can't read."

Source : Ben Watson interviews Frank Zappa - October 1993 (Mojo Magazine)

• Members

Great quote Zappa hit the nail 99% of the time.

Don Airey seems like an intelligent guy and Tommy Aldridge too. What is hard to take is guys like Paul Gilbert and John5 waxing all this emotional hyperbole when they never even met the man. Gilbert in particular when hes not playing guitar they should tie him up in a corner.

Rudy Sarzo's idiotic assertions that pilot was trying to commit sucicide by crashing the plane into the bus but Randy seized the controls and saved the day will I'm sure make an appearence in the film.

• Members

Kevin Dubrow is a jerk for not appearing in this doc. Oh well he can't now anyway. He's was a no talent when he was alive and now he's just a dead no talent.

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/kevin_dubrow_responds_to_rhoads_movie_controversy

Randy Rhodes and Rudy Sarzo were nothing but good to the guy.

Rudy helped him get paid (along with the rest of Quiet Riot) and this is the payback Rudy gets.

• Members

No way Randy Rhodes was better then EVH back then. If RR had lived he would be in "where are they now" land.

We'll have to agree to disagree in that regard...

I'm not sure RR was better than Ed but they approached composition differently to the best of my knowledge...and while they're quite similar in style...feel was completely different IMHO

Given RR's scholarly aims...I'm sure he would be creating groundbreaking music with the instrument...

Which I guess would make you correct b/c in this day and age...things like that are swept under the rug...only appreciated by the likes of people that frequent guitar forums...

• Members

Looks like it's worth seeing, if for nothing else some footage that I've never gotten to see of him.

I'm more a EVH type of guy to be honest, but Rhoads was a monster guitarist and I love listening to him play. He's more a classical type of guitarist which is cool, but EVH is more blues based which I prefer. Technique and talent-wise I don't think that you could measure the difference between the two with a micrometer.

I'd have to disagree that if he lived that he'd be a completely forgotten player; he was just so frickin talented and had the work ethic and love for music that he would have branched out into a ton of different styled projects. He may have worn on us a bit (kind of like EVH seesm to have for a lot of people), but he wouldn't be forgotten.

I do wonder what would have happened if he had stayed with Ozzy for another few albums. Names like Jake E Lee or even Zakk Wylde probably wouldn't be known today.

Archived