The new Slash album is out...

gypsyfireman

• Members

Pretty impressive lineup of guest musicians, I'll pick this one up.

Took a quick listen... the Astbury, Kennedy, Iggy and Lemmy songs sounded really good, though a couple of a songs on there (I won't mention) sounded really kind of lame.

• Members

Pretty impressive lineup of guest musicians, I'll pick this one up.

Took a quick listen... the Astbury, Kennedy, Iggy and Lemmy songs sounded really good, though a couple of a songs on there (I won't mention) sounded really kind of lame.

The Iggy Pop tune is great!

• Members

More pics of Fergie, less listening to her.

Listening to it on Lala right now. The ozzy track - not so good. fergie's isn't bad. The Ian Astbury track was great.

EDIT: Here's my overall take.

1. Ghost (Feat. Ian Astbury) - really good

2. Crucify The Dead (Feat. Ozzy Osbourne - or the muppet that used to be ozzy) - okay

3. Beautiful Dangerous (Feat. Fergie) - good

4. Back From Cali (Feat. Myles Kennedy) - really can't think of it, so it must not've been too good or too bad

5. Promise (Feat. Chris Cornell) - ho-hum, really.

6. By The Sword (Feat. Andrew Stockdale) - really good

7. Gotten (Feat. Adam Levine) - ugh!

8. Doctor Alibi (Feat. Lemmy Kilmeister) - beginning was kinda ho-hum, but I ended up liking it a lot

9. Watch This (Feat. Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan) - instrumental - like it, but I'm thinking instrumentals are throwaways to most people.

10. I Hold On (Feat. Kid Rock) - reminded me of a formulaic Aerosmith song. Kinda generic.

11. Nothing To Say (Feat. M Shadows) - Not really my thing. I'm not an Avenged Sevenfold fan.

12. Starlight (Feat. Myles Kennedy) - get out yer lighters.

13. Saint Is A Sinner Too (Feat. Rocco DeLuca) - who? and why?

14. We're All Gonna Die (Feat. Iggy Pop) - it's good to go out on a high note.

Great playing throughout, even on some of the lesser tracks.

• Members

Which is still better than anything out today.....

turn off the pop music station man, there is plenty of great music out there. The only reason anyone says this is because they are too lazy to find something that they weren't listening to back in high school

• Members
yep - didn't she do "Barracuda" in the Shrek 3 movie? And she is smokin' hot!

Dunno about Shrek but she was on American Idol last year (I think) and performed it live with Heart and tore it the f*** UP!

I'm not really a fan of hers and don't seem to find her nearly as hot as a lot of others seem to. My wife likes her stuff and she is one of the female-pop-singer types I can generally stand to listen to.

Slash and Duff took over the rock station Friday and played a bunch of the cuts. I was working so didn't catch all of it but what I heard sounded pretty decent. Better than that awful new STP song in current heavy rotation :facepalm:

• Members

I'm listening right now (on Rollingstone.com), it's OK, but nothing has really stood out so far. I was most excited about the Ozzy track but it is pretty unremarkable. To me it sounds like he is trying to write to the vocalist as opposed to them coming and singing on his record. The Chris Cornell track (on now) is horrible.

Edit: the Andrew Stockdale track, sounds like a Wolfmother song but I did like it. Gotten with Adam Levine is nice song as well. Seems to be getting better the deeper I get into it.

• Members

i must be weird, because i'm really digging most of the album. not crazy about the kid rock tune, but most of the rest of them are pretty cool, even the one with the douche from avenged sevenfold.

i think it's a good solid rock record with a nice amount of diversity, some great sounding guitars, and some new and interesting sounds from a wide ranging group of vocalists.

• Members

More pics of Fergie, less listening to her.

Listening to it on Lala right now. The ozzy track - not so good. fergie's isn't bad. The Ian Astbury track was great.

Ok here you go. This is the only Fergie to me.

Sarah_Ferguson.jpg

• Members

turn off the pop music station man, there is plenty of great music out there. The only reason anyone says this is because they are too lazy to find something that they weren't listening to back in high school

First off I don't listen to pop stations. Secondly, you know nothing about how much music I listen to, but nice general assumption there.

Go ahead and list me the GREAT music that is out there since you are so enlightened.

Archived