Tyler Variax announced

Vettaville.nl

• Members

Holy wow! However, they are probably going to cost many $$$ if they are made by Tyler.

"Each Variax Designed by James Tyler will ship Summer, 2010."

Sounds like they have abandoned the "little man" who loved the Variax 300/500 + trem models etc. Doesn't sound like they upgraded the software/electronics inside either.

• Members

Holy wow! However, they are probably going to cost many $$$ if they are made by Tyler.

Sounds like they have abandoned the "little man" who loved the Variax 300/500 + trem models etc. Doesn't sound like they upgraded the software/electronics inside either.

"Designed by" is far removed from "made by".

• Members

From what I understand they will have a high end model (several thousand dollars) and a consumer model priced around $1000. That's what was explained to me around 6 months ago.

• Members

I am a big fan of the Vax technology. I read some more on the Line6 website and it says they upgraded the electronics, so I wonder how much has changed.

Nice that they have worked so hard on the playing quality, as that was the biggest complaint I heard about them (amazing electronics, but terrible playing experience). Obviously appears to come at a price if you are right, MoreGuitars.

• Members

I am a big fan of the Vax technology. I read some more on the Line6 website and it says they upgraded the electronics, so I wonder how much has changed.

Nice that they have worked so hard on the playing quality, as that was the biggest complaint I heard about them (amazing electronics, but terrible playing experience). Obviously appears to come at a price if you are right, MoreGuitars.

I played the Les Paul type guitar. It was a nice instrument. I was not aware there was much of an electronics upgrade, nothing was mentioned at the time, but it would not surprise me. It has been a few years and I'm sure they have a few more ideas.

I got the impression this was more predicated on upgrading the guitar, not the electronics. The guitar I played was a prototype, so I would also be curious what else will be on the production models.

• Members

Critical upgrade that will determine whether I buy this or not:

-Improved alternate tuning DSP (can you have alternate tunings on 12 string guitars simultaneously? - original variax could not).

Would be nice to have:

-Capacity to not tie tunings to saved presets in the guitar (have a knob just for tunings which can be programmed by the user)

-A straight "piezo' unmodelled tone (similar to what my Godin LGXT's piezos sound like- its a unique tone all to itself)

-More stable piezo's.

-13 pin output (longshot I know but why not, ill pay an extra 100 for it).

I actually really dont care about having mag pickups inside the guitar, you cant use those with alternate tunings unless they were hex pickups.

• Members

LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6
LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6 LINE 6
VARIAX
BY JAMES TYLER BY JAMES TYLER BY JAMES TYLER BY JAMES TYLER
BY JAMES TYLER BY JAMES TYLER BY JAMES TYLER BY JAMES TYLER

• Members

Critical upgrade that will determine whether I buy this or not:

-Improved alternate tuning DSP (can you have alternate tunings on 12 string guitars simultaneously? - original variax could not).

Would be nice to have:

-Capacity to not tie tunings to saved presets in the guitar (have a knob just for tunings which can be programmed by the user)

-A straight "piezo' unmodelled tone (similar to what my Godin LGXT's piezos sound like- its a unique tone all to itself)

-More stable piezo's.

-13 pin output (longshot I know but why not, ill pay an extra 100 for it).

I actually really dont care about having mag pickups inside the guitar, you cant use those with alternate tunings unless they were hex pickups.

Well, to your big request, that is a big yes. We added about quadruple the DSP so you get full model with alt-tune and because of the added DSP we were able to improve everything about the pitchtracking and speed.

We added an alt-tune knob to all three models.

Straight piezo sound is not available yet but we do have much more stable piezos. L.R. Baggs developed a brand new piezo design to help us with the various Variax I piezo concerns.

No 13 pin yet.

• Members

Well, to your big request, that is a big yes. We added about quadruple the DSP so you get full model with alt-tune and because of the added DSP we were able to improve everything about the pitchtracking and speed.

We added an alt-tune knob to all three models.

Straight piezo sound is not available yet but we do have much more stable piezos. L.R. Baggs developed a brand new piezo design to help us with the various Variax I piezo concerns.

No 13 pin yet.

Awesome. Is the alt-tune knob user customizable or are you locked to preset tunings chosen by you guys?

Im sold and cant wait.

• Members

Some of you know me from the M13/M9 threads. Some of you don't. I just want you to know that I am here to answer questions. I do not like spam and I will not "spam" you.

We are releasing these in the late summer and I will be blogging about all aspects of the guitar at www.tylervariax.com if you want to follow along. Also that is where you can also follow us on twitter, facebook, etc.

Peace, Rich

• Members
Awesome. Is the alt-tune knob user customizable or are you locked to preset tunings chosen by you guys?

Im sold and cant wait.

Completely customizable. Now get this, you don't have to be hooked up to a computer to do it. It has a mode where you imagine your 12 fret is the nut and you can make up any tuning you can dream. :) Or use it as a virtual capo.

But, another thing you should know is that it ships with Workbench included.

• Members
Completely customizable. Now get this, you don't have to be hooked up to a computer to do it. It has a mode where you imagine your 12 fret is the nut and you can make up any tuning you can dream.
:)
Or use it as a virtual capo.

But, another thing you should know is that it ships with Workbench included.

Seriously thank you. I cant wait to give you my money lol.

Archived