Fans of the Waterboys?

Vintage_freak

• Members

I was brought up by my parents on The Waterboys, with Mike Scott being one of my greatest influences on guitar. Most will know them for their release of The Whole Of The Moon, but their entire back catalogue is breathtaking, spanning many different genres.

Who else agrees with me?

• Members

I do!

In fact, I started a thread about The Waterboys a while back and remember that there are a few fans on HCEG.

Kinda sobering that i must be your parents' age. i saw them live in mid-80s in a smallish club and they blew the lid off the place.

• Members

that's one of my favorite clips of the Waterboys, Dave.

it shows just a bit of how passionate their performances were during that phase of the band.

but it doesn't capture the "feel" of the performance if you were in the crowd on that tour. the musicians were all so on, but even after that, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. there was a power and passion that the band members traded back/forth between them. it was a transcendent show and the crowd that was there certainly understood it.

good times.

• Members

:wave: I LOVE the Waterboys! A Pagan Place and This Is The Sea are two of the best albums of the early 80's. Haven't gotten in to Mike's last couple albums nearly as much, but I will still buy anything he puts out just out of interest.

If you haven't already done so, check out the 2002 two-disc remastered release of This Is The Sea...some great outtakes on the second disc.

• Members

Good to see it's not just me then! I saw them in 07 at the Warwick Arts Centre. Brilliant show, with a great support act i cannot remember the name of.

Anyone know what gear Mike Scott is using? I know when i saw them he was using a Gibson The Paul, other than that i got nothing.

Ian

Archived