The Gretch White Falcon

DaveAronow

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto. I usually don't care at all for blingy guitars, and I effin' hate gold hardware on 99% of guitars, but I've always thought the Falcon (as well as the White Penguin) was classy.

Slap a Bigsby on it and it would be one of my #1 GAS dreams.

Also hot--both of these:

Jack+White++Alicia+Keys+Alicia++Jack+Pho

One of my childhood GAS guitars, is a BLACK Billy Bo :love: :love: :love:

BlackBillyBo.jpg

• Members

white falcons are nice, i owned one and it was a great sounding guitar and i couldngt really find any quality issues, one thing that bugged me was the floating bridge, it shifted when i would use the bigsby or if i accidently moved the bridge, my setzer models had a pinned down bridge and i like it better that way. i also wasnt inlove with the bridge and i also liked the bridge on my setzers better. in the end i sold it and i dont really miss it.

• Members

white falcons are nice, i owned one and it was a great sounding guitar and i couldngt really find any quality issues, one thing that bugged me was the floating bridge, it shifted when i would use the bigsby or if i accidently moved the bridge, my setzer models had a pinned down bridge and i like it better that way. i also wasnt inlove with the bridge and i also liked the bridge on my setzers better. in the end i sold it and i dont really miss it.

1. Use rosin (a type of resin which is used to prevent floating bridges from sliding on stringed instruments such as violins and archtop guitars [it is also used for other things (it is good stuff)])

2. Gretsch bridges are interchangeable as long as they have the same spacing (either 2.9" or 3")

• Members
  • Members

Huuuuuuuuge Billy Duffy fan...always wondered why The Cult were not more popular in the 80s.

Truely a great thread...just please please don't ruin it with more pictures of Jack-ass White.

For those of you who have owned one of these....how do they play...what did Billy Duffy mean in that interview when he said that the Falcon forces you to play and write differently?

• Members

Archived