• Last Reply
  • Members

I always thought the words were "sea shells sanctuary"
:confused:

Huh.
:idea:

Learn something new every day.
:thu:

first time I ever saw a white falcon was that vid. In an era of charvels it was a surprise to say the least. Loved lots of the charvel players but also loved the guys who weren't afraid to say {censored} you to the trends of the day. Cult qualified for sure.

[YOUTUBE]d_f-VJdAzwA[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Its a real nice looking guitar, but a little too angelic and girlie for me. I like a beat up workhorse guitar, that i wouldn't be too bothered if it got a slight scratch or had to be stored in miles of rolled up cotton wool. As long as it sounds and plays great;)

• Members

Over the top from a looks standpoint.

Way too fruity looking for me. The sheraton is where I draw the line for adornments, even that is stretching it.

Not to say it's not a great guitar, just not my thing.

Obviously, it must sound and play great because if it didn't it would be a laughing stock.

• Members

I love the look BUT:

I owned one once and there were issues. This was a 1992 one built in Japan but I think before Fender bought them.

1. The roller bridge rattled really bad when you played it acoustically. Amplified you didn't hear that of course but it was annoying. I think they've fixed that problem but back then you were stuck with it. No aftermarket parts. No internet.

2. The pickups were so weak, I'd describe the sound as like holding a microphone up to the guitar and playing that through the amp instead of using magnetic pickups. VERY thin and dead. Again this was before TV Jones, aftermarket parts or the internet. As a matter of fact, one day the neck pickup just DIED. I've never had a pickup just DIE one day like that...and at the time I had to pay $200 for a replacement

3. That glitter binding around the fretboard started to RUST under the clear yellow binding. Probably from my hand sweat but it had this gritty feeling and you couldn't clean it off because it went UNDER the binding.

Other than that it was a great guitar. I sold it for the same $2400 I paid for it in 2002 via Ebay....so I got that money back.

I'd love to get another one someday now that they've improved those issues and I can address them if need be better.

It was a gorgeous guitar. Mine was a double cutaway thin one. I WANT THAT KIND!

Archived