Members newbuilder Posted April 6, 2010 Members Share Posted April 6, 2010 I have had this guitar at home for 3 years now unfinished. Part of that is, first guitar build, trying something new as the pups mount from behind and only the poles show, and ass backwards assembly process. I decided about a year ago to give this to my buddy when I am done. But that was a year ago and it is still not done. Alas, I am out of money to fund my current projects and that is usually when this one comes back out. First big issue was a big hole in the front of the guitar...it is by no means expertly fixed, but it is patched and there will be things there to help cover the boo boo. I hated the ghetto-ness of the headstock, looked like a couple of kids did it...so I cleaned that up, and started to get really excited. I stripped all of the poly off of the back of the neck and tung oiled it. I cleaned all of the tape residue off of the fretboard with some WD40 before the tung oil...the tape was on there for a long time and that residue came right off with good 'ol WD. Couple of changes to the design...no more rotary switch, three on off toggles instead, one vol, two tone...ok one design change, but the toggles are gonna walk right through the patch:thu: That should help hide it. For anyone who has not seen this, it is an ash, walnut, maple body that we got for a steal ($40 on Ebay) and the neck was about the same:thu: It was my intention for this concept (back mounted pups with just the poles pushing through the wood on top) to be what was different about Picket Guitars, could still be:idk: Here are some old pics of what it looked like a few years ago. Here is the beginning of the patch...plastic wood gets super hard, but I will never used it again if I have a choice of a better patch material. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.