Delinquent NGD #3- Plain top goodness within...

GreatDane

• Members

the NGD threads continue (see last night's here, and Sunday's here)...

this is a most-gorgeous (IMO) 2007 Gibson Custom Shop '60 Reissue (R0) that was done as a plain top for Guitar Center (hence the "G" in the serial #; regular '60 RIs are figured tops). i was very happy to find that the neck carve on these is right in between a stock 60s carve and a fuller 50s carve, and not much thinner than the '59 style that Gibson does. the finish is even more stunning in person; a muted lemon with orange at the outer areas of the body. she weighs just under 9 lbs and has an amazing, articulate tone that even almost gets into tele territory on the bridge PU with tone dimed. i can't wait to get this one over to rehearsal and play through the live rig. here's pics~ enjoy!

w07GibsonLP60RI-001.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-002.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-003.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-008.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-009.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-010.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-012.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-014.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-015.jpg

w07GibsonLP60RI-016.jpg

• Members

Plain top = sekz fo' sho. If I ever own a Gibson, it will be a plain top, hopefully one as nice as yours. Congrats.

thank you, Bro Blue. there's a ton of nice plain tops out there; many of them are even sweeter than this one~ happy hunting!

• Members

Wow. Now that is my kind of LP. I don't really have a strong desire to own one, but I'd go for something like that in an instant.

thank you! i wasn't really actively looking for another LP, but when i saw this one there was no turning back.

• Members

thank you! i wasn't really actively looking for another LP, but when i saw this one there was no turning back.

I have to ask: HOW DO YOU FIND THESE GUITARS???? And I am sure you get a good deal too! Awesome find... and Thanks for you compliment too! :cool:

Congrats again!

Omar :thu:

• Members

That is frickin spectacular.
:thu:

You may not have the largest collection here, but I don't think that there is one that I absolutely love as much as yours. Your taste my friend is impeccable.

thank you very much for the kind words, ashasha. i am constantly in awe at some of the amazing collections on this forum (both quality and quantity, across a wide range of price-points).

Archived