NGD! lefty content!

leftystratman

• Members

super fast shipping from Japan, left the country on Monday, arrived here today (Thursday). it's a Tokai SG 98 lefty baby! it's not in ebony or transred. it's in walnut!

why didn't I think of getting an SG earlier? the neck is very chunky, at first, it didn't feel too comfortable, but after playing for an hour or so, I noticed how easy it is to play fast licks.

I think I'm in love!

• Members

If it compares with a Gibson SG it will Rawk. 3 paws up from Lamb Chop.

- w

I certainly hope so. from what I understand, Gibson no longer makes lefty '61 SGs. and with Gibson, apparently it's always a hit and miss, so that's why I went with this MIJ Tokai SG.

unfortunately I never played a Gibson leftySG, so I can't comment on how it compares to a Gibson, but just by looking at them, this looks way better than the righty Gibson SGs I've seen in stores.

I tend to bend strings insanely, and it still stays in tune! mind you the strings are still fresh. the bone nut is very solid and smooth. the sustain on lower strings (E, A, D) is out of this world.

I was planning on swapping the PUs as I usually do with most guitars, but I really love them.

Archived