Guitar Case Scent?

powellguitar

• Members

I I sprinkle a little bit of Old Spice in my cases, a habit I started in the early sixties.

So that's what that stuff I used to get for gifts was for. Guitar Case Scent, What a thoughtful gift after all. Wonder if I still have some.

• Members

G&L also has the candy coated syrup smell. Loved the smell every time I played that guitar. It's definitely the glue they use to put it together. As far as recreating it exactly? Buy a new case that you think smells good I guess.

• Members

I have two cases that smell of stale beer and cigarettes....and it's been 10 years since I played in a bar! It's like deja vu, every time I open one I remember something about one of the gigs...I hope it never goes away!

Don't laugh at the guy who said he'd make a 'new case smell product', you can buy little spray bottles of new car smell and they sell pretty well I hear, sad thing about that is the source of new car smell is bad chemicals released into the car when it gets hot inside and they are harmful to you. I imagine the new case smell is also bad chemies in the air....

Archived