What annoying roots rocker does YOUR area go gaga for?

PancakeBunny

• Members

DC's fixation for a good two decades was Little Feat. They would sell out a whole week at places like the Warner Theater. They filled in as Chuck Berry's backing band in DC. On SRV's last tour, at Merriweather, he opened for Little Feat (and he opened for Bonnie Raitt in D.C. on that same tour). All that seems to have died away in the last decade or so.

That appears to be before I moved to the area.

• Members

I'm up in Maine, ayuh, so I'll have to represent Boston (surprised it hasn't been heard from yet), where we've got, well, Boston, The Cars, Aerosmith, J. Geils Band.

Are they overplayed on the rock and roll stations? I dunno, I don't listen to the radio much anymore.

I travel too much on business, and have to agree with Michigan- you can't turn on a rental car radio in Detroit without hearing Seeger.

How's Seattle doing in all this? Are y'all grunged out yet?

BTW, for the Bo Deans, gotta love the whole side A of "Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams." It came out in the days of vinyl.

• Members

Roots rock. Heartland rock.

Who gives a {censored}? You know the spirit of the thread so play along and stop whining.

People who are local OR seem to pander to your general area to an excessive amount. People that are overplayed in your area solely because of some sort of connection they have to your area.

Archived