What I got while this place was away...

Furtive

• Members

Great find! Gibson put the pickup in the right place on that one. I've seen similar guitars with pickups in the middle, which isn't good for anything (maybe I'm thinking of an ES125 or something). Coolest new guitar of the month so far. I'll bet it sounds sweet! Is a Bigsby in its future, or are you a jazzer?

• Members

Great find! Gibson put the pickup in the right place on that one. I've seen similar guitars with pickups in the middle, which isn't good for anything (maybe I'm thinking of an ES125 or something). Coolest new guitar of the month so far. I'll bet it sounds sweet! Is a Bigsby in its future, or are you a jazzer?

I'm going to keep it as is - all the replacement parts look correct. Broken headstock occurred long ago, and the repair job was very good (no change in feel). The only thing I'm tempted to do is install a strap button on the heel. Doubt I'll do that though - if it survived 52 years before me, I don't want to mess it up.

• Members

I'm going to keep it as is - all the replacement parts look correct. Broken headstock occurred long ago, and the repair job was very good (no change in feel). The only thing I'm tempted to do is install a strap button on the heel. Doubt I'll do that though - if it survived 52 years before me, I don't want to mess it up.

It looks fantastic. I assume it hasn't been oversprayed on anything.

Archived