Lap Love Again .. A Build Thread

Quarter

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doing something a little different for fret markers and dots this time.

Lines are thin sheet aluminum and the silver circles were cut from aluminum tube from the hobby store.

Once I get ready for finish sanding, I have some abalone dots to go in the center of the tube, should look sharp.

chevinlay1.jpgchevinlay2.jpg

• Members

You are certifiably insane :) You crank these out faster than a mass produced guitar from China...

Ok, well, maybe it just seems that way. :)

This one is definitely unconventional looking...Can't wait to see where it goes.

• Members

Doing something a little different for fret markers and dots this time.

Lines are thin sheet aluminum and the silver circles were cut from aluminum tube from the hobby store.

Once I get ready for finish sanding, I have some abalone dots to go in the center of the tube, should look sharp.

chevinlay1.jpgchevinlay2.jpg

I need info on the fretboard layout. I am going to build a lap steel also, got tons of wood in the shop. Where can I get info on a fretboard layout?

• Members

And a little tuner hole drilling.

You might notice that I have not cut the back yet. Doing it this way lets me have a solid base when I tilt the drill press table to get a square shot at the holes. Also, being it is thicker than the finished dimension, I don't have to worry about any blow out / chipping on the back side of the holes.

tdrophead1.jpg

Archived