Finished my La Cabronita project!

Tweedledee

• Members
The total cost for everything, including all the materials to do the finish, was just under $500.
:)

Kinda funny but just tuesday night I gave the other guitar player in my band a new Swettwater catalouge and I happened to point out these guitars to him and said what a shame look at the price Fender gets for these.I said to him I bet there are'nt 500 worth of parts in that. But you have a keeper there:eek:. Bet it sounds killer with a pine body. Enjoy:poke::thu:

• Members

damn bro, that looks really good- probably the most appealing cabronita copy that I've seen. I REALLY want to do one of these in seafoam and after seeing that I have some serious thinking to do.

I was actually very very close to buying a real cabronita with the mf 15% off deals- I had it in my basket ready to go but they wouldn't give me the discount. Then when the next 15 % deal came along, the discount applied but I decided not to do it :idk: guess i got cold feet cause I couldn't test one in person and i wanted to make sure i'd be 100% happy with the sound.

• Members

How do you like that Gretsch Filtertron. I got one last week and put it in my Telecaster. Nice tones. Your guitar looks great.

I'm diggin' it! The aggressive twang is really "in your face" when it's dimed - even more than I thought it would be. You almost get that Nashville compressed tone without using a compressor, which is crazy to me. Then you roll back the volume a hair and it warms right up. If it's that good, then I wonder how a TV Jones one would sound in there. I'm not sure it could be "better".

Archived