Snowed In With My Guitars!

jrockbridge

• Members

At the moment, I'm snowed in and the big flakes keep falling! This pic was taken from my back door...into my backyard. I guess there's nothing to do but play my guitars. :)

SpringSnowMonument.jpg

I'm going to start with my newest addition which was a gift from my brother......

CapistranoFull.jpg

• Members

Narnia?

:D

Seriously, I live in Monument, Colorado. The lots in my neighborhood are 2.5 acres. I live in suburbia, but it's mostly hidden by trees.

I'm just north of Colorado Springs. I'm just south of Castle Rock which is south of Denver.

It's not at all uncommon for it to snow here and be clear 2 miles outside of town. Today, while snow is falling here, it's raining just outside of town.

• Moderators
:D

Seriously, I live in Monument, Colorado. The lots in my neighborhood are 2.5 acres. I live in suburbia, but it's mostly hidden by trees.

I'm just north of Colorado Springs. I'm just south of Castle Rock which is south of Denver.

It's not at all uncommon for it to snow here and be clear 2 miles outside of town. Today, while snow is falling here, it's raining just outside of town.

You got some weird microclimate going down there?

• Members

You got some weird microclimate going down there?

Our elevation is higher than the areas just north, south and east of us, so it's cooler here. The same thing happens in the Black Forest which is East of Colorado Springs and the Woodland Park area just west of Colorado Springs. I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Forest and Woodland Park areas are getting snow today as well.

• Members

Colorado weather is so weird to me, a buddy of mine moved out there a couple years back. whenever he tells me about the weather i am always shocked about how nice it is or how epic bad it can get so fast. . always crap like "we had 2 feet of snow yesterday, now its 70 out .."

thats my story.

• Members

Colorado weather is so weird to me, a buddy of mine moved out there a couple years back. whenever he tells me about the weather i am always shocked about how nice it is or how epic bad it can get so fast. . always crap like "we had 2 feet of snow yesterday, now its 70 out .."

thats my story.

Weather can change rapidly here in Colorado....which can be a big problem if you're out hiking a 14er. I got caught in a few ice storms and one thunderstorm that flooded down the mountain while hiking 14ers. The site of water flowing down the mountain under flash flood conditions was very exciting and beautiful! It was difficult hiking through the lake that had temporarily formed at the bottom of the mountain.

Archived