What's the most facepalm mod...

Northstar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Swapping tuners on a then 30 year old Gretsch. Not even a nice job. Then I modded the pick guard with my fingerprints underneath on the gold leaf.

I feel your pain. I swapped tuners on a then 15 year old Gibson, and that was 35 years ago. And I threw the old tuners away. And I took the pickguard off the same guitar, and threw that away.

That stuff sells for good money these days.:facepalm:

• Members

Uncorrect.

Routing the hell out of a perfectly good guitar to add FR is like replacing a healthy large intestine with a colostomy bag.

Floyd Rose = colostomy bag of the world of colons.
:D

Why would anybody actually route for a Floyd Rose?

me-and-franky.jpg

• Members

I modded this MIM '50's Strat probably 6 years ago or so. I pulled it down to put the trem arm in it since I finally figured out that this Wilkinson had a set screw to hold it. After doing that, I plugged it to play it and it was dead so I must have knocked something loose in the process. I pull the pickguard and look at my wiring job and was like WTF is up with this sloppy wiring job. I cleaned it all up and it works like a champ now. I'm glad my wiring work has significantly improved since then...:freak:

SurfMonsterPrototype.jpg

• Members

Or root for one for that matter.

I think the point you missed in your trolliness is that there's no recess under my Floyds. They sit right on the body. I hate floating Floyds. Sure, they can stay in tune just fine, but setting them up is a biatch, plus not once have I ever thought "hey, let me pull up on the bar!" I always bend with my fingers.

• Members

I once had a forum that was pretty good - had a few security flaws, but it was fast and had some cool features. I tried to add some slick-bang things and make some revenue by putting lotsa adds on it, but the whole thing crawled and the lawyers fees for the lawsuits from all the burned out retinas was just the icing on the cake. Luckily, it was pretty easy to switch back to the old site, even though I ended up losing about 3/4 of the traffic I used to have.

Archived