What's the most facepalm mod...

Northstar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It took me three attempts to correctly install a Bigsby on my Hofner CT-Club.

I was lucky that the final installation covered the patched drill holes.

I'm want to permanently install my Bigsby B5 on my SG Classic (currently using the Vibramate). But I haven't gathered enough courage yet.

I'll cover the mounting area with blue masking tape, reinstall the Vibramate, and then draw some Sharpie straight edge lines around it to help me correctly orient the Bigsby.

If all goes well, I will NOT be resurrecting this thread in a few weeks.

• Members

Strip the finish off my JagStang with an angle grinder. At the time, I had a vivid image of how the guitar would look when done. Sadly, reality kicked in and it looked so freakin' bad. It stayed in pieces for around 9 years, only recently being leveled, refinished, and rebuilt. Sure wish I had never done that. And wish I had a replacement body.

p.s Sorry for being a noob, but how do you stick a facepalm in your post?

• Members

nothing horribly bad... my worst decision so far was to swap the neck out on my favorite guitar for a "cooler" one... i should probably swap it back sometime... nothing wrong with it just that the old cheapo neck was just about perfect and nice and broken in and the new one is mostly just cool looking.

• Members

I had a guitar's neck cavity routed to fit a Dimarzio humbucking P-90. I don't know why I bought that pickup in the first place... I never even touch the neck pickup and it did NOT match well with the Duncan Invader in the bridge. I pulled it out and now there is just a gaping hole...

• Members

Swapping the pick ups on my Aria Pro 2.

Got in some Di Marzio Paf Pro & X2N. It changed the sound, but didn't really improve the guitar. I would have needed a valve amp for that. That was back in 97.

I only leanrt last year that the original pick ups were Di Marzio..... Dual Sound.... :facepalm:

That the guitar was made in matsumoku in 83 and would actually have been a lot more valuable with the original pick ups which I haven't got anymore.....

It's that blue guitar:

AriaProIIRSX80.jpg

• Members

Black electric tape all over Strat copy to cover obscene engraving. It was just as {censored}ty before the mod, but it didn't look it. I hate hypocrite guitars. You're {censored}? Well look like {censored}!

Word - the simplest, but dumbest mod I ever did was the EVH race stripe copy. Although, it was probably cool in 1986 when I did it.

Archived