How Does This Sound?

bobc

• Members

I am trying to learn how to get better at mixing my sound and have taken advice from people on the forums that I frequent to improve my skills.

I am using a Yamaha MG82cx mixer and a (single) QSC K12 speaker (I plan on getting another K12 down the road when I can afford it). I using a Fender American Standard Stratocaster run through a Digitech RP150 pedal and into the mixer. I'm singing through an EV N/D 967 mic. I'm using chorus and delay on the RP150 and using plate reverb on the mixer for the vocal.

I set the channel gains for the guitar and vocal to just before clipping and the channel volumes to the unity marks and backed the guitar volume control off slightly. I then used the main volume for overall loudness.

I set the EQ on the mixer flat for both the vocal and guitar channels, and set the K12 settings to DEEP and VOCAL BOOST.

I made a little test recording placing a large diaphragm condensor mic 2 ft in front of the K12.

Here is the test clip...

Click Here To Listen

This is a cover that I just started learning so please forgive the bad performance.

Any additional pointers would be helpful, and thank you.

Archived