Got a great Metal tone today....

metalheadUK

• Members

I was pretty pleased, and then some people outside the rehearsal room commented to Jan about how they thought it was a great metal tone! :)

What was it...mostly a bunch of old crap, but it works.

Charvel Model 1, stock pickup, crack in neck from throwing it at bass player 5 years ago, Boss ME50 using the standard "Metal" setting in manual mode with about 50% drive into the cleaner channel of a Marshall JCM900 50 watt dual reverb combo.

I haven't used the amp for years, but I was happy with my tone today...I bet next time I hook it up the same way at the same settings it'll sound {censored}!

My ears are ringing, but today, I brought the METAL! :D

:thu:

• Members
I was pretty pleased, and then some people outside the rehearsal room commented to Jan about how they thought it was a great metal tone!
:)

What was it...mostly a bunch of old crap, but it works.

I haven't used the amp for years, but I was happy with my tone today...
I bet next time I hook it up the same way at the same settings it'll sound {censored}!

My ears are ringing, but today, I brought the METAL!
:D

I go thru that with my Tony Iommi setting,today it sounded nice but tomarrow I won't ever want to use the setting again,lol

• Members

I'm glad you had such an inspired practice. It must have been cool to play through the Marshall JCM900 after all this time.

It sounds like you were inspired by the tone you got. Your inspiration came across in your playing and inspired the listeners. Let's face it, you can really play!

When Conan O'brien did his brief stint on "The Tonight Show," he had a funny bit where he and Slash went around shopping for guitars on Craigslist. At one point, Slash was playing through a low end Gorilla practice amp. He sounded just like Slash and was getting better tone than you'd think possible through such a cheap amp. This is just an example of how the player and the talent trumps the gear.

Archived