Similar/Better pickups than 490R & 498T ?

InnerVision

• Members

I'm really digging these pickups in my SG, but I'm wondering what else is out there with similar output, but possibly a little more articulate?

Alnico II Pro's? How would these sound in an SG? Or should I just leave well enough alone...

i LOVE my Burstbucker Pro's.....my suggestion is to go to your nearest G.C. and play one of the Gibson LP Studio Faded guitars....Pro's are what they come with.....then you'd have an idea of what they sound like....:thu:

• Members

i LOVE my Burstbucker Pro's.....my suggestion is to go to your nearest G.C. and play one of the Gibson LP Studio Faded guitars....Pro's are what they come with.....then you'd have an idea of what they sound like....
:thu:

The only thing that worries me about the BB's are that they are lower output/more vintage sounding aren't they?

What's great about my SG right now, is that it's my ONLY guitar that Does GREAT with all styles of music. I play everything from blues/rock/Metallica..And it always sounds good.

Just wondering if there's anything out there that is very close, but maybe improved upon..such as tightness/clarity.

• Members

The only thing that worries me about the BB's are that they are lower output/more vintage sounding aren't they?

What's great about my SG right now, is that it's my ONLY guitar that Does GREAT with all styles of music. I play everything from blues/rock/Metallica..And it always sounds good.

Just wondering if there's anything out there that is very close, but maybe improved upon..such as tightness/clarity.

the burstbucker pro is a little hotter in the neck and a bit cooler in the bridge....but the articulation on mine are fantastic.....as i said.....go play one....take YOUR pedal with you and see how it does......it's not like it's gonna cost you $$ to go try it out. if it's not what you want.....then can eliminate that possiblility and move on.....i DO know the 500T is a BLAZIN' bridge pup....i've owned a couple....and they're killer at most everything.

Archived