1966 Fender Jaguar

GreatDane

• Members

This is a serious player guitar that sounds so great, i might retire my backup and take this one out in May for a show or two.

the neck is an amazing soft-V shape that feels almost like a PRS wide-fat. As you can see, the neck is bound~ very cool. The pickups are not stock; they're Novaks. In fact, there are a lot of newer parts; Mastery bridge (does wonders for this guitar, IMO), AVRI trem, newer Kluson tuners and a replacement switchcraft pickup selector switch. The dakota red is a refin, I think. i think the guard is vintage. I got this for a steal, and can't get over how amazing it plays and sounds. i love the look of this transition-period (i think) Jag too. the binding is not something you see on a Fender neck everyday, but it fits right in around the Gibsons. It shipped in it's OHSC (beat to shit, by the way). here's pics~ enjoy!

w66Jaguar-001.jpg

w66Jaguar-002.jpg

w66Jaguar-003.jpg

w66Jaguar-005.jpg

w66Jaguar-006.jpg

w66Jaguar-007.jpg

w66Jaguar-008.jpg

w66Jaguar-012.jpg

w66Jaguar-015.jpg

w66Jaguar-021.jpg

• Members

wow....that looks amazing.

i got one question.....if it's a refin, and by that i mean....NOT the original color....then how did they get the decals back on the headstock??

just askin'

they could be replacement decals, or the headstock could be original and the body could be refin. i didn't ask, and am assuming that they're aftermarket decals.

• Members

they could be replacement decals, or the headstock could be original and the body could be refin. i didn't ask, and am assuming that they're aftermarket decals.

oh...ok.....i was only saying that in case you might have been lead to believe......well...you know what i'm sayin'.....just lookin' out for a fellow forumite.

it IS a very nice looking axe....:thu:

• Members

It's a beauty! You bought it from Jaguar018 on offsetguitars.com, right? Killer deal on that one. I'm a complete sucker for 60s offsets, particularly 66s with bound necks and dot inlays. I have a 66 Jazzmaster with the "transition" neck.
:D

thank you! that's the one. great guy to deal with too, and very honest. i was able to bring him down even below his already low asking. pretty sweet. i too really dig the transition necks. very very comfy and cool looking too.

• Members

oh...ok.....i was only saying that in case you might have been lead to believe......well...you know what i'm sayin'.....just lookin' out for a fellow forumite.

it IS a very nice looking axe....
:thu:

no worries, but i appreciate you looking out for me! i bought with confidence and was dealing with a very honest, transparent seller. it's an amazing player with some vintage qualities, but not for a collector.

• Members

no worries, but i appreciate you looking out for me! i bought with confidence and was dealing with a very honest, transparent seller. it's an amazing player with some vintage qualities, but not for a collector.

just out of curiosity......what part of Australia (or Canada) are you in ??

• Members

I've been away from my computer for the last four hours, but I've been thinking about this guitar.

Seriously, just perfect. So much so, in fact, that in that four hours of thinking about the guitar, not once did I think about Ewa Sonnet's boobs.

Archived