Various things

rock-lobster

• Members

1st: There's two forums now? Does anyone here watch Lost? This reminds me of this season of Lost.

2nd: Finally got around to doing an original for the first time in ages. Let me know what you think: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=819397&songID=9069061

3rd: I'm moving to Boston for college soon and I'm not gonna have a whole lot of space, and I'm considering my options for what guitars to take. I have 3 good electrics and currently 0 (:cry:) acoustics to take. Can anyone recommend a good, all around acoustic for under $500? I'm thinking of one of those unfinished lower end Martins at the moment.

4th: Is getting one of those $120 Dunlop Bricks worth the money or are there more cost-efficient multiple-pedal power supplies out there?

• Members
I'd recommend a Breedlove. I've played a bunch of acoustics in that range lately and I really liked the concert-sized Breedloves, though the Seagulls came close as well.

One spot. Powers 5 or 8 pedals from one regular outlet. Cheap and effective! You'll need
this
and either
this
or
this

Breedlove, don't think I've ever played one but I'll check them out. Seagull's definitely an option.

Digging the 1 spot for sure. Thanks :thu:

• Members
1st: There's two forums now? Does anyone here watch Lost? This reminds me of this season of Lost.

Disappointing? And yes, I watch Lost. I've actually liked this season, but I know it hasn't been too well received.

2nd: Finally got around to doing an original for the first time in ages. Let me know what you think:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=819397&songID=9069061

I like it - solo is a little ice-picky, but overall it's really good.

3rd: I'm moving to Boston for college soon and I'm not gonna have a whole lot of space, and I'm considering my options for what guitars to take. I have 3 good electrics and currently 0 (
:cry:
) acoustics to take. Can anyone recommend a good, all around acoustic for under $500? I'm thinking of one of those unfinished lower end Martins at the moment.

What happened to Belmont?

Yamaha FG730S

4th: Is getting one of those $120 Dunlop Bricks worth the money or are there more cost-efficient multiple-pedal power supplies out there?

Already been covered, but FYI - some pedals just don't like the one-spot. Don't know what it is, but my dan-o pedals do better on batteries than the one-spot. they get noisy. don't know why.

• Members

Rock Lobster - I drunk two pints of you on friday night!

It was quite funny, whe I saw that ale being called Rock Lobster, well, thought of you, and just couldn't drink anything else really!!! :)

1) Messy isn't it?

2) Listening to it - cool funny latina vibe + driving rythm. Not to keen on the instruments sound though.

3 & 4) no idea - but I'm sure you won't care now you know I drunk 2 pints of rock lobster AND thought of you!

:)

• Members
Disappointing? And yes, I watch Lost. I've actually liked this season, but I know it hasn't been too well received.

I'm loving this season. I meant the two different timelines thing, it's like two separate forums :p

Belmont and Berklee wound up the same price so I went with Berklee.

• Members
I'm loving this season. I meant the two different timelines thing, it's like two separate forums
:p

Belmont and Berklee wound up the same price so I went with Berklee.

Good choice

I second Breedlove as a good value acoustic.

Good Luck, Man!

• Members

2nd: Finally got around to doing an original for the first time in ages. Let me know what you think:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=819397&songID=9069061

3rd: I'm moving to Boston for college soon and I'm not gonna have a whole lot of space, and I'm considering my options for what guitars to take. I have 3 good electrics and currently 0 (
:cry:
) acoustics to take. Can anyone recommend a good, all around acoustic for under $500? I'm thinking of one of those unfinished lower end Martins at the moment.

1 - haven't seen the polar bear here yet but there still time. I gave up when the formula hit series 4 I think, without a noticeable plot to connect the incidents. I know it has to sometime but I got tired of waiting.

2 - cool stuff as usual. A bit of tidying up in the mix and so on wouldn't hurt plus a bit less buzz in the solo. The ideas good but the lyric is a bit crowded. All fixable next time you do it ...which you should. Its worth doing again.

3 - No idea but good luck in Berklee - you will do well. Just don't listen to Ralph Onion.

4 - not a clue. Nothing to say so say nothing.

Good to see you around a bit again.

Archived