Have the mighty Mite Necks changed at all?

ssureshot

• Members

Not at all below average, you just have to get them from the right source. How much are you willing to pay? CEG Hardtails will sell you a neck for 110 shipped, but he will also level, crown, and polish the frets as well as dress the ends. For 15 bucks more he'll cut you a nut. JC's Guitars dresses the ends and takes care of any noticeably bad frets, but he doesn't level or crown. You can get his necks for 90 bucks shipped.

• Members

Not at all below average, you just have to get them from the right source. How much are you willing to pay? CEG Hardtails will sell you a neck for 110 shipped, but he will also level, crown, and polish the frets as well as dress the ends. For 15 bucks more he'll cut you a nut. JC's Guitars dresses the ends and takes care of any noticeably bad frets, but he doesn't level or crown. You can get his necks for 90 bucks shipped.

CEG does great work too. The one I got was VERY nicely done.

• Members

Brent Mason said his old MM neck was his favorite so they cant be that bad

like a lot of things they probably vary in quality

Yes, but when did Brent Mason get his MM neck? He's been around the block in Nashville for quite a while, and I'm pretty sure that the MM ownership change and shift in factory production occurred somewhere in that period of time. The MM of yesterday (like when EVH was using MM parts, too) and the MM of today are really two different things.

As for good necks, I got my AllParts TMO-V from our own local Mason, Brian. It's the fourth AllParts neck I've used and I think they're amazing necks.

• Members

I'm planning on ordering my neck from him either today or tomorrow.

If there's something specific you want (that's a stock MM part), he can usually get it too, as he's not too far from their US distributor and goes there personally to pick up his parts (from what he told me last year).

• Members

Yes, but when did Brent Mason get his MM neck? He's been around the block in Nashville for quite a while, and I'm pretty sure that the MM ownership change and shift in factory production occurred somewhere in that period of time. The MM of yesterday (like when EVH was using MM parts, too) and the MM of today are really two different things.

As for good necks, I got my AllParts TMO-V from our own local Mason, Brian. It's the fourth AllParts neck I've used and I think they're amazing necks.

thats why I mentioned the Brent Mason because the OP says the older MM necks were below average, when clearly they weren't by at least one dudes standard

• Members

I tried an MM neck on a Tele build and after having it setup multiple times I finally just replaced it with an American Standard neck. I've been much happier since. I might have just gotten a bad one.

Was it a shape issue or a fret issue? Sometimes those frets need leveled and no amount of set up can fix that.

• Members

id go with either musikraft or usacg for a Tele neck both these (according to people who make guitars for a living) get reviews that they are consistant.

I'd say that AllParts is just as good and consistent, too. You just don't get as many options.

Archived