NGD - More Korina in the house

bigconig

• Members

Great Dane started this a couple weeks back when he was asking about Korina's tonal characteristics. It made me dig out my old Dean Z that I hadn't played in forever. This reignited a bit of a love affair I have with korina.

First I grabbed a used singlwcut SE as the price was low enough I figured it would tide me over. All it did was ignite more GAS. After looking a while I found a used Mira online at a GC in Missouri. The price was low enough I decided to take a chance even though the low res pic they had wasn't terribly flattering.

She showed up today and I couldn't happier. So much prettier in person than any of the pics I have seen. She plays and sounds fantastic.

Yeah!

mira2-1.jpg

mira2-2.jpg

mira2-3.jpg

mira2-4.jpg

mira2-5.jpg

• Members

Thanks guys. I feel cheated. UPS came so late yesterday I only got to play her for a couple hours, now off to work this morning and a busy weekend ahead. :( I want to play her some more.

I've decided I NEED to get my hands on a Korina Singlecut SE. Wish I had money for a mira/CU/245, but I'm quite broke.

The good news is, the Singlecut SE is an amazing guitar.

• Members

very nice, it's a shade darker than some other Korinas. It's a touch more brown than yellow, almost a bit like mahogany. I like it.

Thanks, yeah, I was thrilled when I cracked the case and saw the color. It has a sort of deep brownish yellow like a Dijon almost (the pics don't quite capture it) I want to take some more under natural light. Considering this was the pic on GC's site, I'm very pleasantly surprised

105563408_lg.jpg

• Members

Thanks guys- It was great to finally get some alone time with her tonight. I know every new guitar day rocks and you're always in love with em when they're new, but this one really is hard to put down. . .

• Members

Thanks guys. Who doesn't love a NGD. . .every day should be one.
:)

Oh, YES!!! :love:

You KNOW I love me some Miras! :thu:

Congrats!!!

(now bigconig and GreatDane are gonna have a Korina fight :D)

Archived