5150 and BG Pickups Hellarail clip.

riffy

• Members

5150 is mic'ed up with an SM57 close to the cap and mixed a bit lower than the Senn MD421 that is mixed off axis near the cap edge. Way different mic'ing than I normally use.

The guitar is a Les Paul with a BG Pickups Hellarail in the bridge. All of this is the Hellarail. I added delay to the lead track at mixdown.

Love to know what you guys think of this mic'ing techniques sound.

Gary

I forgot, the cab mic'ed is an oversized Recto with Vintage 30 speakers

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=27543

• Members

Hey guys! Thank everyone of you for listening and taking time to comment as well. A very special thank you to Bryan for this KILLER pickup. It is my favorite pickup I have ever used... Head and shoulders above anything else I

have ever had in a guitar.

Lets give Bryan and BG Pickups some love!

Gary

• Members

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it so much...

Crunchy Rails? I have played an Ibanez with a Crunchy Rails in it.

It isn't even close to the clarity that the Hellarail has. It isn't a bad

pickup mind you, it just isn't in the Hellarails league.

Gary

• Members

Looks similar to a Crunchy Rails. Anyone have both that can compare? I already have a Crunchy Rails and it's pretty decent for the price.

yhst-50206111187217_2103_9840666

My brother has a Crunchy Rails in his Ibanez GAX75 (I think that's the model). I think it's partly suffering from the guitar that it's in (the unplugged tone doesn't thrill me), but it's a good pickup. It's just not a BG Pup.

Like I always say... If you want Duncan/DiMarzio quality and tone at a lower price, go GFS. If you want the same quality and more awesomeness than Lollar, Van Zandt, OC Duff, or Custom Shop Duncans for a price that won't make your wallet cry, go with Bryan.

Archived