What's the most satisfying piece of gear you've ever had?

CoqBelliqueux

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For very obvious reasons, I'm tempted to answer my 1st guitar - just because I wouldn't be playing now if I hadn't got it.

However, my Orange Rockerverb 50 might just pip it because it switches a huge smile on my face everytime I go

Off

to

Standby

to

Wait......

to

On :love:

• Members

korg_pitchblack.jpg

i actually used a tuning fork before owning one of these. i typically need to change tunings once or twice each time i play so this makes things much easier. also i no longer need a second guitar for different tunings.

4498213546_03c784d49f.jpg

surprisingly satisfying to use and it's lack of bass keeps the roommates and neighbors at bay.

• Members

Most satisfying.. My Tobias Guitar, rare and used to be awesome.

Least Satisfying.. My Tobias Guitar, the Blackouts I put into it r just a giant hassle (sucks up batteries). My Bartolini's batteries used to last for half a damn year & played almost daily, while the Blackouts need to be changed every 3rd chord.

• Members

Hard to say. I have a three modded strats that I really like and a Korean Ibanez LP DC with 57 Classics that does everything I want a humbucker guitar to do, but probably my favorite piece of gear is my 5E3 clone:

DSC_4149a1.jpg

• Members

Digitech GSP1101. It literally does everything BUT stack modulation effects. Had it over a year now and I still find cool {censored} to do w it. No joke - was playing around w it for about an hour and a half today.

DigitechGSP1101withControl2.jpg

• Members

What is it? Is it in the picture?
:facepalm:

It's the Tweed amp.

The 5E3 was the Fender Deluxe circuit for 1956-1960.

5='50's

E= was the version, proceeded by A, B, C, and D

3=Deluxe (other examples: 2=Princeton, 1=Champ, 6=Bassman, etc.)

In my pick earlier in this thread, you can see my '60 5E3 Deluxe.

72_lp_1.jpg

But here's some more...(yes, it has a Vox speaker in it, also from '60)

front.jpg

back.jpg

back_open.jpg

• Members

I have three answers. To my neverending regret, I no longer own any of these items, and in fact they are the only three pieces of gear I really feel bad about selling in over 30 years of buying, selling and trading stuff:

1973 Fender Tele

1965 Fender Vibro-Champ

1980s Tokai P-bass.

:cry:

Archived