WTF is my Strat??? Help?

FoonkySteve

• Members

Howdy!

Having a bit of trouble here gents, i have been trying to find out what the spec of my strat is. :confused:

It' goes back to this 50th anniversary shenanigans again:deadhorse:

So...... i've got an American series Fender Stratocaster, 2004 ive checked the serial number and it was a Corona model made in 04. Mines is a sunburst, with maple board.:thu:

It has the '50th anniversary' (of the strat) engraved on the neckplate.

According to my findings the only 'real' 50th anniversary strats came with a tweed hardcase. Mines didnt, just a black molded shell hardcase.

Apparently Fender just threw the 50th engraved neckplate on everything in 2004!

The 50th models also came with 54 reissue pickups. and i dont know if mines are these or not as i have nothing to compare it to.

On the fender site i can only find the spec for the 50th anniversary model, but not the normal American series for 04.

I really just want to know the exact specs and what the pickups i have are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

• Members

I had a question about my strat once, called Fender customer service, they looked up the serial and told me what model it was and when it was made. (If I remember, it was an '05 Deluxe Powerhouse Strat).

Call them up, if they give you the exact model, they can also e-mail you the original parts list used for that model and you'll have the info you seek. They were able to track it all down for me with no problems (I take that back, the schematic they sent me had a different battery box than my guitar, the schematic was an earlier revision).

• Members

They made three official 50th Anniversary models. A Custom Shop, American Deluxe, and American Series (NOT called American Standard in the early '00's).

Now, in 1994, Fender not only put out an official 40th Anniversary model, but also added 40th Anniversary emblems on all their Strats for that year...I have no idea if they did this in 2004 or not, but they do like to share the love on any one of their 4 or 5 Anniversary years every decade.

If yours isn't 2-tone sunburst,m then, yes, I would guess they just put an Anniversary neck plate on every model for that year, it would seem par for the course for them.

As for plain AS specs...Alder or Ash body (sunburst probably ash, if you see prominent wood grain, it's ash) and the PU's were just called American Series pickups. 9.5" radius, med-jumbo frets, AS tremolo, and (IIRC) non-locking tuners.

A reprint of the 2004 NAMM announcement...

The 50th Anniversary American Series Stratocaster will be available only from January 15th thorough [sic] December 31st, 2004. US MSRP is $1,599.99.

From the flagship
American Series
line, Fender will offer a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary American Series Stratocaster.
The solid ash bodies with polyurethane 2-Tone Sunburst finish, maple neck and parchment pickguard
evoke the classic look of the original 1954 Stratocaster guitars, while the Fender American Series synchronized tremolo bridge, custom staggered tuning machines, 9.5" radius fretboard and medium jumbo frets add a modern touch.

To give this guitar even more of a vintage vibe, the 50th Anniversary American Series Stratocaster will feature the same 1954 replica pickups used on the Custom Shop model. It will also feature a special engraved neck plate that celebrates the anniversary. The 50th Anniversary American Series Stratocaster will be available only from January 15th thorough December 31st, 2004. US MSRP is $1,499.99.

The Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster will come with a replication of the original form fitting case, while both the 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Series Stratocaster and the
50th Anniversary American Series Stratocaster have a special tweed case with "crushed" gold plush
. Both cases feature a 50th Anniversary logo embroidered on the inside lining. To see and hear both of these extraordinary commemorative guitars for the first time, visit Fender's booth at this winter's NAMM show in Anaheim, California.

50th American Series model....

as50th.gif

Archived