What's your FAVORITE Fender guitar?

Slave2TheAudio

• Members

If we can stretch this to include basses, I'd have to say the pre-'57 Precision Bass. Just a model of efficiency. Slab body, little SC pup that shoots thunder. I dig the post-'57 P-basses too.

Every time I play a good P-bass, I think "Why did anyone think they could improve on this design?"

As far as six-stringers, I've always had a lot of Telecaster love. A 1973 maple-necked Tele was the best guitar I ever owned, and one of the best I've ever played. I preferred it to a pre-CBS Tele I had in fact.

Beyond the mighty Tele, I really like Jazzmasters and Jaguars. I've never gotten on well with Strats. I like them in theory, but I just don't gel with them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think I could ever have a favorite. They all look similar as far as wood, pick guard, etc. I like the Jazz Masters and any 2 and 3 tone burst strats. I am not a huge fan of solid color strats, unless natural finished.

GuitarStuff026.jpg

• Members

I'm a complete Fender fanatic. :D After years of buying and selling and searching, I actually now own my three top Fenders: Tele, Jazzmaster, and Jaguar. I'm not sure I could rank them because they're all fantastic in their own way.

1966 Jazzmaster:

IMG_3308.jpg

AVRI Surf Green '62 Telecaster Custom (with a few small mods):

IMG_2983.jpg

1965 Jaguar that I refinished in Inca Silver:

IMG_3021.jpg

• Members

Vintage '62 strat (in olympic weight)

American_Vintage_62_Stratocaster_Ol.jpg

That! My first guitar was 90's MIM Strat in white/rosewood, but was sold years ago. I now have a new 2009 MIM Strat in white/rosewood that pulls off this vibe pretty well.

Some of those Jazzamster/Jaguar offsets look sweet to me visually, but I 've never owned one. I have a tele, nice guitar, but tele's rarely wow me visually. That surf green tele with binding is getting there though.

• Members

I'm a complete Fender fanatic.
:D
After years of buying and selling and searching, I actually now own my three top Fenders: Tele, Jazzmaster, and Jaguar. I'm not sure I could rank them because they're all fantastic in their own way.

1966 Jazzmaster:

IMG_3308.jpg

AVRI Surf Green '62 Telecaster Custom (with a few small mods):

IMG_2983.jpg

1965 Jaguar that I refinished in Inca Silver:

IMG_3021.jpg

Love that collection! I have a Tele on the way, hoping it has a HB route in the neck so I can drop in a mini-hum.

• Members

granted i'm a bit of a non-traditionalist when it comes to guitars (I prefer floyd trems, compound radius, non-vintage frets, etc) and this will probably not be to everyone's taste... but this is my favorite "fender" brand guitar. After 8yrs of searching I finally found one and brought her home!

4509178322_a1a8b2d4ce_b.jpg

4509176280_b4f8b7eb53_b.jpg

• Members

Strats and Teles - I love 'em both!

"Creamsicle": 1997 American Big Apple modded back to standard SSS pickups with CS Fat '50s

IMG_4145-1.jpg

"SurfMonster": MIM Classic Series '50's strat modded with a custom pickguard assemby loaded with Seymour Duncan Lipstick tube pickups and a Wilkinson Vintage Style Trem

SurfMonsterPrototype.jpg

"Fat Classic Vibe": Squier CV '50's Tele modded with a Kent Armstrong Vintage 12N wired with a mini-toggle for series/split/parallel, BG T-90 Bridge Pickup, Red Tortoise pickguard, Wilkinson Compensated Saddles, electrosocket

IMG_3922.jpg

"Stevie Ray Vaughanabie": Squier Bullet Strat acquiered at a pawn shop for $75 that had a set of CS Texas Specials in it. I finished upgrading the rest of the electronics, new tuners, nut, and saddles. This one is a keeper!

IMG_4445.jpg

• Members

My favourite Fender guitar is the Bronco, because if I decide to (or accidentally) smash it to pieces, I won't feel bad about it. If fact, I might even feel that I did humanity good -- even though a tree died because of its pitiful existence. The only thing better than any of this would be a Behringer product being atomised by a megawatt plasma beam, but I digress.

Archived