in and out...

zenbu

• Members

the new one is older, from the first year of the limited runs I think...truss rod cover was different in 1998. The one that went out had some fret wear...was quoted $500.00 for a refret so when all was said and done...I paid about $180.00 for the one that came in...saved myself some money.

Yes...top end from ESP, they make strats, teles, and basses as well as Gibson clones too. Same folks that used to make the Seymour Duncan line of guitars in Japan.

• Members

Speaking of the Seymour Duncans Zen...I don't know if you've seen this but...

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d104506588

Man if I didn't already have a DS 250 pro I'd be all OVER that one if it stays around that price. I know you're loaded for strats, but a 280 doesn't come around very often

Just trying to tempt you a bit.

I swear though if it doesn't sell at that price and he lowers it even a bit I'll probably buy it.

• Members

have it on my watch list, but just out of curiosity, wanna see how much it goes for but ...man I have to say no sometimes eh....I can`t have them all...just bought another rosewood FJ tele and the custom ordered ESP...all in about 4 or 5 weeks...think I`ve done very well plus, I have a 250 PRO tele as well as the Duncan strat from 1992 that probably was the equivalent of the 280 strat when it was made. There aren`t enough hours in a day to play the ones I already have...I am more than satisfied with the magnificent guitars I own...and I do have other interests as well.

• Members

yeah I hear ya. I've really curtailed my buying and looking (and I only have 7..lol) but when deals like that come up I have to hold myself back. And I am NOT the type of person who usually buys stuff that emotionally....guitars though...I'm weak.

Archived