Pending NGD... stop me

Bun-Bun

• Members

Found a pretty good deal form a Canadian music store on their last Ibanez RGT320Z RS (AAA Quilted Maple Top the version that wasnt released in north america) and being that I live in Canada it will be easy on shipping and I am pretty sure all said and done it will be under $2k CND. Cheapest of this version overseas I've seen is $3.2k CND (and local store wants $2700 for the regular split top version).

Now I would have to pull out of my line of credit to pay for it but I could probably have it paid off within 6 months as long as I dont get fired from my new job that starts in two weeks...

Should I do it? I have been gassing for this for a couple months and they are discontinued now...

• Members
Found a pretty good deal form a Canadian music store on their last Ibanez RGT320Z RS (AAA Quilted Maple Top the version that wasnt released in north america) and being that I live in Canada it will be easy on shipping and I am pretty sure all said and done it will be under $2k CND. Cheapest of this version overseas I've seen is $3.2k CND.

Now I would have to pull out of my line of credit to pay for it but I could probably have it paid off within 6 months as long as I dont get fired from my new job that starts in two weeks...

Should I do it? I have been gassing for this for a couple months and they are discontinued now...

Yes.
If you think for a minute that you shouldn't buy it- just think of the feeling of that sleek neck in your hand and those smooth round frets.:)

• Members

Dipping into credit and relying on payment from a job that hasn't started yet, just so you can buy a guitar? Come on. As much as I like to see people spend money on guitars, don't do that.

Have to agree with this. Or least have 50% of the money upfront without going completely broke doing it...

• Members
Is it a neck-through? Who makes the Floyd? Can you return it if the neck is warped? And does it look like this?

Yeah its a neck through, it looks like that one except its a solid quilted maple top so you cant see the neck through from the front.

And that is a good question I will ask if I can return it if the neck is warped.

This is the one

RGT320Z_RS_09.gif

EDIT:

Noticed I just missed this. Its an Ibanez floyd. There new zero point one.

• Members
Dipping into credit and relying on payment from a job that hasn't started yet, just so you can buy a guitar? Come on. As much as I like to see people spend money on guitars, don't do that.

This ^^^^^ you should not buy on credit with no job ....:cop:

• Members

Uh, don't do it on credit, never a good idea, can you do a lay a way program with the seller?, pay monthly installments until you have it paid for.

Stores that do monthly installments do it through banks that charge interest. My line of credit is only 5% where as those payment plans are usually 15%+... If I shouldn't do it on credit then I really shouldn't do it on a payment plan...

• Members

If you buy the thing on credit after you pay the finance fees is it still such a good price ?

If you have a low interest credit card of 6 or 8 percent it will only equal to another $85 to $100 after fees and interest...If you have a 18% card and your at the top of your credit limit it may not be such a great deal....

Just read the above post if your credit rate is only 5% and you pay more than the minimum payment..You should be alright..I had a friend in college 20 plus years ago who got his first cedit card with a $5,000 limit ...It seemed like every week he had a new guitar...

Those guitars ended up cost him major for the next 6 years of his life because he could not afford to pay much over the minimum payment...It was outrageous he was making $55 a month payment and like $41 was interest and fees...

• Members

Yeah I have low interest and no finance fees. I have a really good credit rating so the bank has given me a nice line of credit which has saved my ass in the past (10 months of no work last year... ouch). And to make the minimum payment you can take out the payment and put it back again... that counts as making a minimum payment (straight from the mouth of my banker).

So no I wouldn't be costing myself a ton of extra cost by doing this. On like $3000 in my line of credit the interest is like $12 a month.

The store replied and ensured the guitar is perfect. But if there is any defect I can return it.

• Members
Yeah I have low interest and no finance fees. I have a really good credit rating so the bank has given me a nice line of credit which has saved my ass in the past (10 months of no work last year... ouch). And to make the minimum payment you can take out the payment and put it back again... that counts as making a minimum payment (straight from the mouth of my banker).

So no I wouldn't be costing myself a ton of extra cost by doing this. On like $3000 in my line of credit the interest is like $12 a month.

The store replied and ensured the guitar is perfect. But if there is any defect I can return it.

you just answered you own question :)

• Members

I guess my big inner debate isn't about the money. It's about spending it like this with the biggest reason being that the guitar is discontinued and I may never see a deal like this for it again... I have had this kind of reasoning bite me in the ass before...

But then again I dont want to regret not buying it either...

• Members

Well it is the nicest guitar I have played at my local store (for me anyways.. I am an ibanez fan to begin with). And I missed out on the used one for $1500. But I didn't really like the fact you could see the neck through from the front and then I found this one that has the solid maple top. But that version isn't readily availble on this side of the pond in the first place on top of it being discontinued...

• Members
Well it is the nicest guitar I have played at my local store (for me anyways.. I am an ibanez fan to begin with). And I missed out on the used one for $1500. But I didn't really like the fact you could see the neck through from the front and then I found this one that has the solid maple top. But that version isn't readily availble on this side of the pond in the first place on top of it being discontinued...

Well, you seem to like it a lot. What would be the "other" options? Maybe there's another model that's pretty close that would be more reasonably priced. Otherwise, enjoy your new guitar, sir. :wave:

Archived