What is a 90-91 Charvel Spectrum worth?

67mike

• Members

My brother -in-law bought my charvel years ago.

He now wants to get a Gibson LP or SG.

So he wanted me to find out what the charvel is worth.

It is a 90-91 model, sea foam green, H-S-S pick-ups with the active circuitry. Schaller Licensed Floyd Rose.

I found one in UK for about $900 US and there was one on ebay at $1500 without any bids (most likely way too high pricing).

Does anyone know what these go for?

• Members

The Spectrum goes for about the same as a 375, which is about $250ish.. Might be a bit more due to Charvel getting some press lately, but not over $300..

Wowser, no lovs for teh Charvels:cry: It is worth far more in parts...

Jackson pick-ups, floyd, kill F'ing er neck.:confused:

• Members

Well, I'm conflicted about this, since I agree that it SHOULD get more love. But hey I'm a cheapskate so I'm kinda glad they don't ...

Ya, they are the real deal in shredderville.

• Members

A Charvie Spectrum in good condition should fetch $1000-1250 with the OHSC. Of course you're going to be pitching to a limited audience thus it may take a while to find a buyer. I haven't seen any sell for under a Grand lately except for a couple of dogs.

• Members

A Charvie Spectrum in good condition should fetch $1000-1250 with the OHSC. Of course you're going to be pitching to a limited audience thus it may take a while to find a buyer. I haven't seen any sell for under a Grand lately except for a couple of dogs.

Sonofabeech!

I sold it to him with a Traynor amp..for $450.00:facepalm:

Oh well, he is family.;)

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/80s-CHARVEL-SPECTRUM-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo-w-Case-JAPAN-/220592018625?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item335c4f14c1

Seems RavenCAD was correct

• Members

They are a relative sought after model because of their active preamp (including a wah-like midboost) and their cool finishing colors.

But, with the exception of the Surfcaster (which became hot long after it was discontinue), it is correct the the resale value of Japanese Charvels is pretty diluted, no matter how good. Unless you have a color that a collector is hunting, I would think $300-350 as well. I sure never see them going for more than their $900 price they were new. So of the old HC reviews were form people buying them used for $225-250.

• Members

Rav, Where can I find a Charvel neck with a fender style head stock and no locking nut. I need 2 1/4" at the heel. I want to install it on a Strat body I have.

Call Jake E Lee......he had a shit-pile of em.;)

• Members

With a Hum in it it's been Modded so it might be even less than $250-$300 range.

No it isn't modded. I bought the Sonnofabitch that way.

All 3 pick-ups including the hummer say Jackson on them. The singles look like emg style, while the hummer looks like a standard HB style.

• 9 years later...

Archived