NPD: HAPPINESS INSIDE

jimwratt

• Members

I finally got ahold of an Xotic BB Preamp MB!!!! I was previously using an EHX English Muff'n as my main drive pedal but it wasn't really working out or me, so I packed it up along with my Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive and Weber Mini Mass Attenuator (all of which were collecting dust) and hocked them down at Rogue Music here in New York City. For those of you who don't know, Rogue is a second hand resale store that somehow manages to keep high quality merchandise in stock.

Any how, I wound up getting $135 in store credit for all the stuff I brought in so I only had to pay 25 dollars out of pocket for the BB Preamp. Needless to say, I am quite happy with that price considering that I had no use for the stuff I traded.

Here is the obligatory picture:

e8b08d44.jpg

• Members

nice stuff. post a sound clip.

I'm a dirt pedal over amp dirt kinda guy myself (I've never found an amp dirt that sounds good unless completely cranked, whereas pedals, while they still sound better cranked, fair better at slightly more sane volumes -- plus, pedals are just fun). I'm using an open road for overdrive and a zvex distortron for distortion, and I'm adding a barber dirty bomb for the nastier stuff. got it on ebay for $80. arriving tuesday. :) can't wait.

sorry for the tangent. post clips.

• Members

i bought my Roland Juno 106 from Rogue about 10 years ago.. still pop in there from time to time.... 30th street guitars is right across the street!

You must not have been there in a while. Rogue moved from their old spot on the 6th floor to a spot on the ground level two doors down from 30th Street Guitars.

Archived