Musician Peter Buffet Preaches Values Over Wealth...

Doctor Morbius

• Members

sure, it's easy to sit in an apartment and 'follow your bliss' when you don't have to work 3 {censored}ty jobs just to pay the rent.

He's right, in that you should really try to find what makes you happy. But if he believes that just anybody can do that, he's still a bit of an elitist.

• Members

sure, it's easy to sit in an apartment and 'follow your bliss' when you don't have to work 3 {censored}ty jobs just to pay the rent.

He's right, in that you should really try to find what makes you happy. But if he believes that just anybody can do that, he's still a bit of an elitist.

+100000

It's really hard to be an idealist when it's a struggle to buy the good ramen noodles for dinner every night.

• Members

$90K is a small sum for Peter Buffet

$90K is a huge sum for 99.99999% of the world.

Draw you own conclusions.

I've grown up with kids who were spoiled with much less than $90k, and still turned out like little assholes. I think it's pretty amazing that despite being given $90k, he isn't a self entitled prick. However, that speaks more to good parenting than anything Peter is talking about, I think.

• Members

That 90 large was given to him about 33 years ago also. That would be a huge sum in today's money.

And while it's true that it's easy to be an idealist when not busting one's hump to make ends meet, he could have very well turned out like Paris Hilton or some other rich brat.

EDIT: I've always found it funny when somebody would say, "There is more to life than money" yet they were always making a good bit more than I. :freak:

• Members

It has been my experience that the rich, and the wealthy, have a very hard time appreciating the advantages they got out of the gate.

They often seem oblivious, actually, to the fact that being born into money puts you at a huge advantage. They don't know anything else, so, I guess we can forgive them. ..it's either that, or eat them.

Archived