Let me see your tribal strats

Bitterguy

• Members

I've been thinking about puting tribal flames on a strat (when i get he money to get my kit of course) . Make the base color metallic Black use this method

On a larger scale for my template and whenever i spray the flames i'm going to make them metallic silver.

Opinions, thoughts, ideas, and your own tribal or other cool looking strats.

• Members

Link contain video and all the provided information step by step so easy to understood . I fond this important information through this video , lightly we sand a few times and re-apply the satin until its? smooth like glass. no need for mad buffing because its satin .

What?

• Members

I don't have a tribal strat but I do have some advice for you. That video has some good techniques in it but some bad and missing information. First off don't use krylon enamal paint. You need to use laquer (you can still get rattle can laquer at lowes). If you use enamal you will never be able to put your guitar on a stand because enamal reacts with rubber and it will melt your paint job. Second it will take several weeks for the paint to fully cure enough for you to play this guitar. It will be dry to the touch in an hour or so but it will still feel soft for several weeks.

Seeing that you are 14 I would guess this is your only guitar an you probably don't want to have a months down time.

My idea to you is if you are indeed doing this to a strat I would watch eBay for a used strat style body. You can usually pick one up really cheap then you can take your time and do a good job then swap all your parts over to your new body.

Just a thought take it or leave it.

• Members

On a larger scale for my template and whenever i spray the flames i'm going to make them metallic silver.

Opinions, thoughts, ideas, and your own tribal or other cool looking strats.

I think you meant the YouTube link like this:

[YOUTUBE]Oq1FGsh1dkI[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I don't have a tribal strat but I do have some advice for you. That video has some good techniques in it but some bad and missing information. First off don't use krylon enamal paint. You need to use laquer (you can still get rattle can laquer at lowes). If you use enamal you will never be able to put your guitar on a stand because enamal reacts with rubber and it will melt your paint job. Second it will take several weeks for the paint to fully cure enough for you to play this guitar. It will be dry to the touch in an hour or so but it will still feel soft for several weeks.

Seeing that you are 14 I would guess this is your only guitar an you probably don't want to have a months down time.

My idea to you is if you are indeed doing this to a strat I would watch eBay for a used strat style body. You can usually pick one up really cheap then you can take your time and do a good job then swap all your parts over to your new body.

Just a thought take it or leave it.

Thanks for the advice on the paint but in general i was jsut going to use his method of putting the image on.

I already have a guitar just looking for my next.

P.S. noticed how much detail tribal flames would require and it is a no, Sooo i am going to choose a guitar body (there are so many it is hard to choose) Paint it black and use yellow to make a big biohazard symbol.

Archived