Tell me about the Fender Espirit

Annoying Twit

• Members

So?

He has that Behringer thingie.

Currently I use amp sim rather than an amp. I wish I had a better amp sim than that Behringer thingie, but if I move up, it's currently likely to be to a POD X3. If I procrastinate sufficiently Line6 will release a new version and I'll be able to pick up a POD X3 cheaper than now, though I've seen some good deals go past on ebay.

I'm not planning to buy the Fender Espirit, I just found it an interesting instrument. I ask fewer questions about amps because I know that if I saw one cheap, I'd jump on a microcube. Or a Vox DA5, if I saw one second hand at half new price. If I decide I want an amp I'm pretty sure that I'd buy one of those or a Vox VT30. But I'm not going to be able to blast an amp at high volume unless I decide I want to be single again. The Pod X3 has effects good enough for me, as well as bass amp models.

Me starting this thread is more about internet window-shopping than any real serious plans to buy a Fender Espirit.

• Members

I suppose the design was novel at the time - body made from a hollowed out block of wood rather than being build as a semi with separate sides and back coupled with a solid maple or spruce top, but there are several current designs that are pretty close, notably the ES336 and the Hamer Newport Pro

Archived