Something for you to jam to...

paulskirocks

• Members

Here is something I threw together for the 1.08 people that care... Do what you want... Bass line would be really cool... Vocals... Noodling... Whatever... Yes, I know it is rough and simple... So am I...:cool:

The verse chords:

The chorus and outro just use these simple chords:

You gurus can figure out the chord names, if you like... I just see how the dots fit on top of various scales...

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9116625

Bass and noodles coming up tomorrow......stand by (nice riffage Frets!, What axe/amp?). Cool lick reminds me of Beck or Mahivishnu, should be fun!

Thank You!

Hagstrom XL5

And a Gearbox sim setup called "Son of Privelege" featuring a 1990 Brit J-800 amp, some delay and verb.

• Members

Just in case anyone cares, I thought I would post the scales I like for this tune that show the various chords (or almost chords) on top of the scale... I consider the tune based in various keys of E, mainly, as I am droning the open E string a lot....

In the verse, I have 4 chords, with the first 3 fitting neatly on the E harmonic minor scale, and the third falling nicely on C phrygian dominant scale (pattern is just a half step up from E harmonic minor)...
Chord1EHarmonicMinorScale.jpg
Chord2EHarmonicMinorScale.jpg
Chord3EHarmonicMinorScale.jpg
Chord4CPhrygianDominantScale.jpg

In the Chorus part, there are a bunch of minor and major pentatonic scales that fit, and then I like to bounce between E minor and E locrian, as well...
Chords5and6EAeolianMinor.jpg
Chords5and6ELocrianScale.jpg

This may be basic stuff to some of you, but I am thinking maybe this can help the newer players to 'see' at least how I visualize things... There are other scales that would fit with these, obviously, but I seem to gravitate to these patterns... For those of you trying to learn the 'correct' way to play music, ignore post!

Archived