Parker serial code ID/value?

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

I have a Parker Fly I'm considering selling. It's got some dings, but nothing detrimental to the playability or sound. I'll post pics. The serial is 116205BP. Does that mean it's from 1995? Any help would be great. Also, a general estimate on value based on that info, and pics, would be great too. Thanks!

P1010177.jpg

Photo49.jpg

Photo48.jpg

Photo47.jpg

Photo45.jpg

Photo46.jpg

P1010180.jpg

• Members

In the meantime, though, this might help:

From the link posted above:

7) I heard that I could tell the date my Parker was made by the serial number. Can you explain the dating system?

On the Fly we use a six or seven digit serial number. All guitars made before 2003 will have the six digit code. The first 3 digits are the day of the year, the next two are the number in that days production, and the last digit is the year.

Here

• Members

In the meantime, though,
might help:

From the link posted above:

7) I heard that I could tell the date my Parker was made by the serial number. Can you explain the dating system?

On the Fly we use a six or seven digit serial number. All guitars made before 2003 will have the six digit code. The first 3 digits are the day of the year, the next two are the number in that days production, and the last digit is the year.

Here

• 9 years later...
  • Members

I believe someone is trying to rip me off. I’m looking for a guitar for my grandson. Thought if I got one with a little history it would inspire him to take it seriously. I feel he has a future in music as he has always been interested in it since only a few months old. He had his favorites and would let it be known if he didn’t want to hear something. He’s been doing extremely well on the drum set his parents got him. 
Anyway, I am led to believe that this (see pic) is a very good model. However, upon starting my research I found that a true Parker serial number would only have 6 or 7 numbers.  This one has 9. Can you help?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived