Gibson Les Paul Push Tone - GOTM May 2008 - Should I Buy??

orbm1

• Members

I personally suspect, as with many of Gibsons attempts to mess with a winning formula, that it may not be a particularly sound investment.

Gibsons attempts at modernising or messing with their much loved designs usually end up being a commercial disaster, but if YOU like it, it's your call....

:thu:

• Members

I personally suspect, as with many of Gibsons attempts to mess with a winning formula,
that it may not be a particularly sound investment.

Gibsons attempts at modernising or messing with their much loved designs usually end up being a commercial disaster, but if YOU like it, it's your call....

:thu:

and that is my problem!

I am worry that I would keep a guitar because is pretty and has a good "system" but that will be worth less of what I paid! OTOH, what if it becomes a rare collectible piece!!!

ARGHHH!!!

Thanks! :wave:

Omar :thu:

• Members

Would you rather have a 56 RI LP? Or a LP standard? Or this guy?

Totally this.

I personally would only buy if I had loads of cash to toss around; once purchased, it'd get locked up for about thirty years and then hopefully sold for a stupid collector price... or about the same as any lp standard, its a gamble.

BUT(most importantly)

If it floats your boat... then sail away.

• Members

Hi everybody:

I have the opportunity to buy this guitar for under 2k:

Should I jump on it???

If 'under 2k' is anywhere near 2k, no. If 'under 2k' is under 1.5k, maybe. For 1k or less, I'd jump on it.

• Members

It's a nice looking LP but other than the pup deal, isn't it just a Les Paul Studio?

$2K is pretty steep for that. I don't really see them going up in value over time either since it's more of a novelty.

• Members

wasnt musicians friend blowing these out for like $1699 new a few years ago? I almost hopped on it then (sucker for good deals) but not sure i'd want to spend more than that on a used one.

yeah i seem to remember 1800 or so... so to the OP your "opportunity to score one at sub 2k" is not a great deal. The consensus then seemed to be the same- wayy overpriced for a guitar with no body/fretboard binding etc (essentially a lp studio with an extra set of pickups).

• Members

Thanks guys!!!

the link to wildwood confirmed that this was not a great deal... I am so HAPPY that I check with you guys!!!

I will keep looking for another guitar now, but I always keep my eyes on offers like this!

Thanks a lot for your input! :wave:

Omar :thu:

Archived